Can anyone tell me what effect is being used here?

mgavin

Experienced
Just wondering if anyone can help me what effect guthrie is implementing in the first 15 secs of this video to make his guitar kind of squeal or wine or bleed out. it's pretty cool sounding. also any tips on how i could achieve it on the axe 2 would be cool as well. thanks

It sounds like a take on whatever the poltergiest pig uses. Some sort of delay or reverse effect.

or bowing with a volume pedal [or guitar volume knob] with a delay

I also think it could be multi-tracked [at least twice, maybe more]

or bowing with a volume pedal [or guitar volume knob] with a delay

I also think it could be multi-tracked [at least twice, maybe more]

Left and right are different tracks. It might be one is volume swelled and the other is reverse.

yeah I thought that... initially I thought it was bowing through a dual or multi-tap delay, but then I noticed the left and right parts are not the same..
I know Guthrie likes to 'play' with a wide variety of ideas in the studio..

PM Muris who put the video up - he's on this board though think he's still an Ultra user - "Muris_Varajic" is his username.

all i hear is two takes, one left and one right. notes swelled in either with the volume knob or volume pedal with regular delay. string bending and/or trem.

all i hear is two takes, one left and one right. notes swelled in either with the volume knob or volume pedal with regular delay. string bending and/or trem.

Yeah relistening on headphones it is just swells. I though heard some backwards artifacts on one channel yesterday when listening. I don't hear it though headphones.

Back
Top Bottom