Cabinet block has dynamic processing?

Moltenmetalburn

Self-Admitted Software Thief
The manual suggests the cabinet block has some sort of processing to add speaker dynamic, I doubt it is volterrra based or dynamic convolution.

Anyone have any more information to share about this function/feature?

The manual suggests the cabinet block has some sort of processing to add speaker dynamic, I doubt it is volterrra based or dynamic convolution.

If you can help us out a little...the AFXII owners manual covers the Cabinet Block in depth starting on page 47.

http://fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-Owners-Manual-304.pdf

which of the Cab Block parameters do you mean?

No volterra. Drive parameter simulates non linear aspects.

"Cabinet [CAB] The Speaker Cabinet Simulator (“Cab” for short) block recreates the tonal characteristics of a variety of speaker and cabinet configurations. The Axe-Fx II contains 70 built-in “factory” cabinet simulations, plus 50 memory locations into which you can load custom Impulse Response (“IR”) files. More than just a simple filter, the Cab block actually recreates the subtle frequency response variations inherent in a real guitar speaker. It also offers the ability to apply room and microphone simulations, plus tone-shaping of low and high frequencies."

So turning up the drive parameter icreases the nonlinearity of the cab block?

The Speaker Drive is in the amp block actually. It is done there since it depends on the level out of the amp block so it makes it easier to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom