Cab-Pack 5 - UltraRes™ 4x12 Collection

I have played a lot with these impulses today and I really like them!
The OH high gain series have been my favorite impulses since they arrived but it's good to have some more flavours!
Like stated earlier the Orange cab sounds amazing but I also really like the mesa cabs.
The broderick cabs sounds great, the TV cab is great!
Still have to make a good mix for the Mills and Lerxt (or whatever it's called lol).
They sound a bit more alive and raw to my ears compared to the OH impulses but I have use for both types!
Great job Fractal and Kevin (I like the KA IR's!)

Cab-Pack 5 - The UltraRes™ 4x12 Collection - Is now available in our online store.

It contains over 130 IRs produced by Fractal Audio Systems, Thomas Eaton of Universal Noise Storage studios, and Kevin Antreassian of Backroom Studios. We’re also thrilled to include a number of IRs created by Fractal Artist Chris Broderick, the lead/rhythm guitarist in Megadeth.

Fractal Audio Systems - Cab Pack 5 - 4x12 - UltraRes IR Pack for the Axe-Fx II - Fractal Audio Systems, Universal Noise Storage, Backroom Studios and Chris Broderick

Does anyone know if the IR's in this Cab Pack is for studio use only or are there different ones for live as well? Also, what is "TV" in this IR? 4x12 TV, Based on a Marshall™ 1960TV

IMHO, one of the best things in the 4x12 UltraRes Cab Pack is the ....

1x12 TripTik cab.

Sounds really great. Very dry, wooden tone. Works great with all my favorites amps: AC-20 Deluxe, Friedman BE and Tucana.

It has a Scholz Classic speaker. This is a fullrange speaker. Which is probably why this speaker is sometimes compared to an EVM 12L (which has an extended frequency range). But it isn't a flat frequency speaker. Would like to its frequency response graph.

The stock mixed cab already is very nice. Even better is one of the IRs from the full Cab Pack, such as the SM57 Cone.

Ahhh very cool; I'm experimenting with the stock 1x12 AC-20 Dlx Mix (UR) in my "X" slot and the stock 1x12 Triptik Mix (UR) in my "Y" slot with clean/bluesy/mild OD amps/tones and they are fantastic IR's indeed. Love the Triptik cab mix; am curious to hear the SM57 Cone in the Cab Pack for sure...am going to pick up all the FAS UR IR's in the next little while.

After a few hours with these new IR's, I have to say they're a major asset. Some of the best IR's I've ever heard, they're mixed astoundingly well for use with the Axe Fx. I've been able to get amps that I could never work with before to sound incredible (yes, I'm looking at YOU Euro Uber....). Seriously though, awesome mixing job. Nice and bright in all the right places.

I like these very much. These are the best IRs Fractal has ever made for high gain, imho they are on par with Ownhammer HGE or the best popular free IRs by GuitarHack and others. The only cab that didn't work for me is the Mills ; I didn't try the bonus cabs yet. I've made custom mixes of all the cabs except Chris Broderick's 5153, which has already usable mixes and single mics IRs

just purchased the pack and had some time to create some mixes of the triptik and tv cabs for my 59 bassman and plexi 100 jumped respectively. liking the results a lot. gotta agree that these are worth the price of the pack alone. nicely done there, you guys!

I like these very much. These are the best IRs Fractal has ever made for high gain, imho they are on par with Ownhammer HGE or the best popular free IRs by GuitarHack and others. The only cab that didn't work for me is the Mills ; I didn't try the bonus cabs yet. I've made custom mixes of all the cabs except Chris Broderick's 5153, which has already usable mixes and single mics IRs

I would love to know your recipes!

Got mine....and I also bought cab pack 3....Now I've sat here for an hour or three... have listened to so many variations I have no idea what was better than the other, and which ones to save.... Also noticed that (in cablab) if I save a cab to a user slot, the cab is not named correctly and I cannot rename it in cab manager....
Hmm..
Procedure....
1/ Open cablab and Axeedit (both latest iterations)
2/ Select the Axe FX II in cablab
3/ Drag a coupl'a IRs into cablab..adjust to taste
4/ Name the cab in cablab
5/ Save to an empty slot in the UR cabs (lets say U61).
6/ Open Cab manager in Axe Edit and go to U61
RESULT
U61 hasn't been renamed though selecting it appears to have the correct cab (sound)
Attempting to rename U61 in cab manager throws an exception 'Cab is empty or marked for deletion' (well something like that)

Is it me?

[edit] FANTASTIC work by the way!

Thanks
Pauly

Cab-Pack 5 - The UltraRes™ 4x12 Collection - Is now available in our online store.

It contains over 130 IRs produced by Fractal Audio Systems, Thomas Eaton of Universal Noise Storage studios, and Kevin Antreassian of Backroom Studios. We’re also thrilled to include a number of IRs created by Fractal Artist Chris Broderick, the lead/rhythm guitarist in Megadeth.

Fractal Audio Systems - Cab Pack 5 - 4x12 - UltraRes IR Pack for the Axe-Fx II - Fractal Audio Systems, Universal Noise Storage, Backroom Studios and Chris Broderick

$30!??!?!!?

I was expecting another $100 cab pack.

I'm THERE! Hopefully this will be the last Cab Pack I need to buy.

GLAD YOU GUYS DIG EM! That Bogner Uber cab is my personal favorite at the studio. use it on tons of records!

What mics/mixes/mic positions would you recommend to get a good all round rock/metal rhythm sound?
Any tips would help with that cab, so many options!

Can someone plllleeeaaaasee do IRs of Marshall Mode 4 Cabinet? I am shocked nobody ever takes IRs of this sickest tightest sounding oversized cabinet on earth. Even it's stock K100 speakers sound great in it because it is the perfect cab.

Back
Top Bottom