Cab-Pack 10!

I used some of the new UR factory IRs from CP 10 last night at rehearsal. Best tones I've ever had. Thanks, Fractal Audio for including them in the latest firmware (which I'm sure has something to do with the great tones too). I'll be buying CP 10 as soon as possible.

It's a combo made by Andy Fuchs. It's a Bandmaster head in a 1x12 combo chassis. The speaker sounds great for whatever reason.

thanks. i'm going thru cab-pack 10 compiling a list of my favs to load. this one works well with just about any amp; clean crunch or dirt and is occupying more slots than the others. great job on these!

Whoops... first time I ever paid for IRs. The lid is off Pandora's Box. These are great! Now how do I figure out which of the many variations to load?

Now how do I figure out which of the many variations to load?
Start Axe-Edit, fire up Axe-Manage Cabs, and use the Auto-Audition feature to audition them. Let your ears tell you which ones to load.

Like Cliff mentioned, I am getting the best results when using single IRs rather than blending any from Cab Pack 10. Whenever I blend 2 IRs from this pack the volume seems to drop a bit and the sound feels like it's getting smaller, which is the opposite experience from when I blend IRs from Ownhammers V3 set. Wondering if the IRs in Cab Pack 10 are perfectly in phase, or if I'm hearing some sort of phase cancelation when blending?

That being said, Pack 10 IRs are so far my favorite and I've been using the 57 from each speaker for my main sound, and then the 121/160/4047 from that same speaker for doubles/second guitar parts, panned hard L and R and it's sounding great in a mix. Just wondering about the phase of the IRs and if anyone is having luck blending them. With Ownhammer Cabs I get the best results blending a 57, a 121 and a 414 either from the same or different speakers.

I can't find "1x12 G12T 121" or "1x12 G12T 121 A" in my pack. By analogy there is "1x12 Jr Blues 121" and "1x12 Jr Blues 121 B", "1x12 Nuclear Tone 121" and B / C versions of it. Looks like there is a missing IR or wrong naming. Any ideas?

Hey all,

Was interested in the Cab Pack extension...How does this work? Pay for it....Download it, then transfer the file Via Fractal Bot....then what....will the new cabs show up automatic ? Or do I need to got into the Preset or block and change them via axe edit?

Hey all,

Was interested in the Cab Pack extension...How does this work? Pay for it....Download it, then transfer the file Via Fractal Bot....then what....will the new cabs show up automatic ? Or do I need to got into the Preset or block and change them via axe edit?
You can use Axe-Manage Cabs in Axe-Edit to audition the cabs, then load the ones you like into the user cab area.

how many of you guys use a cab and power amp and DO NOT turn cab modeling off? I've tried turning it off and it sound thin and fuzzy. Love using these new cabs from the expansion pack through a real cab.

I just fixed my problem with why my axe didn't sound right with cabinet modeling turned off... It seems the volume on my pre amp as well as the axe was too low. Now that I have this thing at a high sound level it sound beautiful through my 4x12 cab with cabinet modeling off... I also had to make some adjustments to dial it in but man ....sounds real nice now. I guess if you want to play at very low levels the only way to go is headphones or Powered monitors turned down.

Back
Top Bottom