Cab-Lab 4 Version 1.00.01 Release

I have updated to the new 1.00.01 version, and now I cannot use the packs that I have purchased. It says "This pack is not authorized for this device (Mismatched device id)". What can I do?
View attachment 128667

Try (if you haven't already) open Cab Pack Manager, and click on Refresh Purchases. It might just need to resync with the Cab Pack server.

First thing I tried. Not working
You might have to email support to ask them to check if your purchases are still linked to your email account. Other than that I'm afraid I'm out of ideas and hopefully someone else can step in.

Trying to use the standalone Cab Lab as an IR loader for a real amp. Signal chain is amp > Fryette power station > UAD Apollo Twin. It seems like the signal coming out of Cab Lab is a lot hotter than the signal going in - is there no way to adjust the input/output levels within Cab Lab?

Trying to use the standalone Cab Lab as an IR loader for a real amp. Signal chain is amp > Fryette power station > UAD Apollo Twin. It seems like the signal coming out of Cab Lab is a lot hotter than the signal going in - is there no way to adjust the input/output levels within Cab Lab?

The new beta plugin version has a master level knob in the upper right, but the standalone does not, so in the meantime you can either run it from a DAW or decrease the output from the amp.

The new beta plugin version has a master level knob in the upper right, but the standalone does not, so in the meantime you can either run it from a DAW or decrease the output from the amp.

Bummer. Trying to avoid having to open a DAW session every time I want to just noodle around. I can adjust the level on the Power Station.

A master output level on standalone Cab Lab would be helpful though, because really it’s the output and not the input I’m trying to control.

Is it normal that Cab Lab output is much louder than the input? The input peaks around -9 but the output is clipping.

Bummer. Trying to avoid having to open a DAW session every time I want to just noodle around. I can adjust the level on the Power Station.

A master output level on standalone Cab Lab would be helpful though, because really it’s the output and not the input I’m trying to control.

Is it normal that Cab Lab output is much louder than the input? The input peaks around -9 but the output is clipping.

I'm sure it'll come in future updates. I totally hear you.

When you activate Software Live Mode, the output volume jumps something like 15-20 db from the main outputs. If I turn Output 1 knob from noon to around 9 oclock, it seems close.
Weird. I don't experience that.

Have you tried adjusting USB Return Levels? The SW Live Mode hijacks the audio over USB.

When running SW Live on a Windows 10 machine, I have found the I am getting audio through my FM3 even with all cabs muted in Cab Lab 4. The cab block on FM3 is bypassed, and the audio sounds like it's running though a cab. But which cab? This happened on the beta and I was able to close and restart the app, but last night I couldn't clear this issue.

Just bought my first Dynacab pack to try cablab 4, it works very well! I Don't know how much more resolution it has then the internal dynacabs but look at the files: 174 mb for 1 Cab! All the internal cabs are 20mb!

There's a plan to porting plugin version to AAX format? As a Pro Tools user could be very useful!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-28 alle 16.07.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 alle 16.07.31.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 7
In a 4x12 one huge thing is, e.g. placing the mic on the top left speaker, but putting that mic more toward it's right side, at the outer part of the cone. Now you're next to the top right speaker too, and you're going to get bleed from that speaker. But what about a 1x12? Then you're talking about the construction of the cabinet and room acoustics. The cab itself will resonate of course, and it's not going to sound uniform to mic all over it's construction. And the acoustics! How is the sound reflecting off the walls, ceiling, and floor? Is it isolated at all? If so, how much? Since sound is so 3D in reality, mics totally track along with that. What I mean by sound being 3D is that something will sound different at every point in space, and, to a mic, unless you painstakingly create an anechoic chamber, which is very rare and, from my understanding, never really used in music recording, you're dealing with some level of the acoustics of a room positively coloring the sound of the cab. Because yes of course the cab is its own sound generator, but to the mic there's no distinction between the cab and the room. It's always the cab and the room. And even if you had a speaker cabinet that could sound the same all the way around it, the spot in the mic where the mic would have to sit to capture each part of the speaker would impart a different coloring of that capture because of the room! It's tremendously fun to think about, but the main thing is, it gives so many more tonal options than one might first imagine!
Thank you, for your explanation, and also to Rex for his. That is definitely something to consider regarding reflections from the floor, wall, or just adjacent speaker bleed through. However, I don't know, especially regarding a single speaker cab, if I have seen any explanation from the Fractal team that there are algorithms in the cab processing where they actually mention that there are different, and distinct, floor and wall reflection wave forms that take place, as an example, having the mic in the top left quadrant of the speaker as opposed to the bottom right quadrant of the speaker at the same distance parameters from the cone. I am not saying your explanations are incorrect, rather, I just have not seen any documentation that states those explanations or details regarding the Dyna Cab process. (ie. Cliff's original Dyna Cab block process versus, Cab Lab 4 process)

Just bought my first Dynacab pack to try cablab 4, it works very well! I Don't know how much more resolution it has then the internal dynacabs but look at the files: 174 mb for 1 Cab! All the internal cabs are 20mb!

There's a plan to porting plugin version to AAX format? As a Pro Tools user could be very useful!

Thanks!
The last comment from Matt didn't seem to indicate AAX was forthcoming...

...I just have not seen any documentation that states those explanations or details regarding the Dyna Cab process. (ie. Cliff's original Dyna Cab block process versus, Cab Lab 4 process)
It’s not about the Dyna-Cab process; it’s about microphone placement. Sure, Dyna-Cabs are affected by mic placement, but so is every other method of IR capture or guitar-cab recording or reinforcement. So you’re not likely to see documentation about this “regarding the Dyna Cab process.”

Back
Top Bottom