Cab-Lab 4 Release 🔈🧪

Status
Not open for further replies.
No impact on the tone if they are perfectly aligned (which normally happens by default if they are from the same cab-pack). But mixing between different packs may cause phase issues and require realignment
One of the talking points for Dyna-Cabs was that they’re aligned, which I have to believe means all of them. Saying that and then ducking behind something because they are not all that way is not the FAS way.

One of the talking points for Dyna-Cabs was that they’re aligned, which I have to believe means all of them. Saying that and then ducking behind something because they are not all that way is not the FAS way.

English is not my first language. What do you mean by ducking behind something?

OK. I've googled for the meaning. It seems to mean like I have thrown a stone, and then I am hiding. I am sorry, but I fail to understand what do you mean with that message.

There was a generic question about alignment without mentioning FAS, and I have replied to that question without mentioning FAS. I am very sorry if you feel somehow that I have profanated the sanctity of the FAS name, but I didn't.

OK. I've googled for the meaning. It seems to mean like I have thrown a stone, and then I am hiding. I am sorry, but I fail to understand what do you mean with that message.

There was a generic question about alignment without mentioning FAS, and I have replied to that question without mentioning FAS. I am very sorry if you feel somehow that I have profanated the sanctity of the FAS name, but I didn't.
You did fine. The meaning of the statement was hypothetical, as if FAS made a statement that they knew wasn’t true and then they ducked behind something to avoid the complaints from everyone. We know they’re not that sort of company, and they don’t behave that way, so we can trust when they say that Dyna-Cabs are aligned and can work with other 3rd party packs.
  • All IRs are time-aligned with each other. They have been processed using a new algorithm that ensures alignment without destroying phase information. You can mix-and-match IRs from different cabs/mics and they'll always be perfectly aligned.

I have a question. Do the new, paid Dyna Cabs packages have a different quality (sound better) than those already in the device, or are they the same, and only the paid ones have additional microphones?

This is all I've found for the four packs

DynaCabâ„¢ Pack 1x12 AC20 is based on the celebrated Morganâ„¢ AC-20 combo loaded with a Celestionâ„¢ G12 Alnico Blue.
DynaCabâ„¢ Pack 2x12 Double Verb is based on a vintage 1968 Fenderâ„¢ blackface Twinâ„¢ combo loaded with original Fender speakers.
DynaCab™ Pack 1960 TV – is based on the iconic Marshall™ 1960 TV ("Tall Vintage") speaker cabinet loaded with Celestion™ G12 Greenbacks.
DynaCabâ„¢ Pack 1x10 Metro Blues is based on the Mesaâ„¢ Subway Bluesâ„¢ combo loaded with an Eminence Black Shadow Speaker.

With the following microphones:

Condenser 023 based on the Soyuzâ„¢ 023 BOMBLETâ„¢
Condenser 87 based on the Neumannâ„¢ U87
Dynamic 57 based on the Shureâ„¢ SM57
Dynamic SM7 based on the Shureâ„¢ SM7B
Ribbon 313 based on the Shureâ„¢ KSM313/NE
Ribbon 121 based on the Royerâ„¢ R-121

Does it indeed say "1968 Fender", not "1966"? Because the modeled amp is a 1966. Unless this is another cab.

I have a question. Do the new, paid Dyna Cabs packages have a different quality (sound better) than those already in the device, or are they the same, and only the paid ones have additional microphones?

More mics and more positions. The main advantage I can see with the paid Dynacabs is you can make a custom mix and then export it as an Ultrares IR. Sound quality seems to be the same to me. You can adjust the mics 360 degrees and the freq response can differ as you rotate 360 around the cone at the same distance. There are sweet spots in there but like in many FAS things, it’s subtle. I’m on the FM3, so using Cablab4 is the only way I can mix more than 2 IR’s and run Ultrares.

You get additional mics as well as a full 360° shot of the speaker, not just one radius line from center to edge in one direction. The sample length is also sufficient to be mixed down to UltraRes. The four speakers released so far sound really good, IMHO....

Really looking forward to the Dynacab packs.

Hoping for some Bogner, Gallien-Krueger, and more bass options. The first batch from the firmware update sound awesome.

Very happy U87 is an option for mics

I am puzzled. I did not go through the whole forum but where are the purchase links for the dynacabs?
They're still in beta so you need to PM @Admin M@ to obtain them. But at this point I don't know if you can still access the beta testing

Last edited:
Been waiting patiently for the new Cab-Lab since 3 was discontinued.
Loving this so far & pretty amped Axe2 users can get the dyna experience :cool:

Look forward to the cab packs releasing!

Hello, I'm having a problem with Cab Lab 4 installation, it says "No mountable file systems" / The following disk images couldn't be opened, seems the DMG can't be read, anyone had the same problem? thanks

Hello, I'm having a problem with Cab Lab 4 installation, it says "No mountable file systems" / The following disk images couldn't be opened, seems the DMG can't be read, anyone had the same problem? thanks
see post #211

If anyone has the issue above with the DMG file, reach out to support. They provided a different file to me, and my Mac with the specs above loaded it successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom