Cab-Lab 4 Release 🔈🧪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
UPDATE Oct 25: Cab-Lab has been updated to version 1.00.01. Please download and install the new version for new features and fixes.

We are pleased to announce the release of Cab-Lab 4.

Cab-Lab is a full-featured IR mixer and toolbox and is now available for FREE at https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-4/

Cab-Lab 4 includes both Standalone and Plugin versions and supports direct connection to Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3, with support for Software Live Mode auditioning through these devices, or any compatible 3rd party audio interface.

Cab-Lab 4 also supports new DynaCabâ„¢ Packs, coming SOONâ„¢ to our store.

NOTE: In fact, a limited public beta test of several new DynaCab Packs is about to get started. If you'd like to join that test and purchase these packs please send me a direct forum message.

NOTE: We're not sending out any new discount codes, but I will still share the links for early purchase if you're interested in participating.

There are no obligations except to install and use the packs and let us know if you have any issues by posting in a forum conversation.

cab-lab-4.jpg
Here's a sampling of the initial cab packs. Many more to follow!

DynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-4x121960TV.jpg DynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-1x10MetroBlues.jpgDynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-1x12AC20.jpg DynaCab-Pack-Package-box-art-2x12DoubleVerb.jpg

Last edited:
How much is a cab pack normally - also confused so from now cab packs will be purchased what we have as a free addon with updates will no longer take place

Just asking for sure Ill be buying new cab packs - just not sure how all this works - thanks

How much is a cab pack normally
Retail price for the first wave of cab packs is $29 each, which is standard pricing for our packs.

we have as a free addon with updates will no longer take place

These new packs are for Cab-Lab -- which incidentally is now FREE instead of $79. This doesn't change what's in the firmware already. There are many benefits compared to the limited DynaCabs in the hardware. You get additional mics, better range of positions, and more. Over time, there will be also be more cab packs than there are DynaCab options in our hardware products.

I notice some different mic names in the pics….? Are these just different titles?
Yes and no. Mics in DynaCab packs use the usual obfuscated names "based on"...
...but there are also more of them on a given cab than you've seen.

In addition, new mics can be added to Cab-Packs after you purchase them. The upgrade process is so much better now with automatic installation through the Cab Pack Manager. I expect you'll see some videos on that later this week.

We are pleased to announce the release of Cab-Lab 4.

Cab-Lab is a full-featured IR mixer and toolbox and is now available for FREE at https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-4/

Cab-Lab 4 includes both Standalone and Plugin versions and supports direct connection to Axe-Fx III, FM9, and FM3, with support for Software Live Mode auditioning through these devices, or any compatible 3rd party audio interface.

Cab-Lab 4 also supports new DynaCabâ„¢ Packs, coming SOONâ„¢ to our store.

NOTE: In fact, a limited public beta test of several new DynaCab Packs is about to get started. If you'd like to join that test and purchase these packs at 50% off, please send me a direct forum message. There are no obligations except to install and use the packs and let us know if you have any issues by posting in a forum conversation.

View attachment 127771
Here's a sampling of the initial cab packs. Many more to follow!

View attachment 127772 View attachment 127782View attachment 127783 View attachment 127784
I'm getting an error on the Mac dmg file. It says "no mountable file system"...

Retail price for the first wave of cab packs is $29 each, which is standard pricing for our packs.
Is this with the beta test 50% discount already applied?
And can we participate to the beta test by purchasing just 1 pack?

Holy cow this came at a perfect time, my FM3 Turbro MkII hasn't even came yet and i'm getting a major cab lab update! Does Cliff even sleep?

Last edited:
Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

It can only use files from the connected computer (and not from a connected Fractal device).

It can use ir and wav files, but not sys files.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

It can only use files from the connected computer (and not from a connected Fractal device).

It can use ir and wav files, but not sys files.
Yep...
I was dreaming of a Cab-Lab that was able to mix dyna + legacy present on my device... then I woke up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom