Cab-Lab 3 Launched!

Alright you lovable gadflies.... I just sent out the Activation Codes for all orders placed overnight. Have fun!

If you were expecting an upgrade code but did not get one, please check your spam. If it isn't there, contact sales@fractalaudio.com - We have a record and can re-issue them via email.

How's the manual coming? Took me an hour last night to figure out live mode using an Axe fx II as the audio device. Even still, not sure if I'm doing it right cause I'm experiencing 10 to 15 milliseconds of latency where as none of my other software has issues.

So you can tweak in real time but you can't place the cab lab in place of the cab block, as it only accepts the final output of the grid?

Last edited:
@Severed,
I think that's how it works. I had to bypass the cab block in the patch otherwise the sound is processed through the patch and cablab IR effects - hence the final mix that I saved as an IR doesn't sound like it did when auditioning in live mode.

Wish I could get mine to work. Got the upgrade to CabLab3 and installed iLok. iLok won't run (just starts and disappears) and CabLab says it isn't a Win32 app. :( Running XP (still!).

The waveform is showing the mixed IR - so he's moving the individual IRS until theres only one initial peak in the mix image. Its difficult as the modify box sits over the image (that's why he's using slot 5 rather than 2 for the second waveform - the user interface is a bit poor, I'm surprised this wasn't picked up in testing!!

The waveform is showing the mixed IR - so he's moving the individual IRS until theres only one initial peak in the mix image. Its difficult as the modify box sits over the image (that's why he's using slot 5 rather than 2 for the second waveform - the user interface is a bit poor, I'm surprised this wasn't picked up in testing!!

I did actually comment on that. That is exactly why I'm not using slots 2, 3 and 4. Not all IRs need to be time aligned like this so it's a minor thing IMO.

Neither of the IRs were muted so you can actually see both IRs simultaneously so I'm just aligning the first peaks with each other.

oh i see. i was expecting to see 2 lines. they were both on the same line, but you were getting the 2 peaks that appeared close to each other to morph into a single peak.

i guess i'd need to play around with it, but just visually, i don't understand how you know when they are aligned, or when you are done adjusting it.

You can see visually when you change the delay the effect on the time display. It's pretty intuitive when they are lined up.

I think Cab Lab could programmatically find the peak samples in the IR time plot and have a tool for lining them up for us?

This is awesome news; it's extremely satisfying to have a deep, fully featured modern IR editor for the Axe. So much has changed in IR-land in the last couple of years it great that a software editing package has pulled it all together and released. Very cool that the IR/cabinet side of things has matured nicely...

Great showcase of the new features Mr. Kent. I would just like a direct answer to know for sure that you can time aline IR's without MPT processing and then load them into the Axe without it having MPT added? Hard to exactly know for sure because it's been confusing to know how it's all worked in the past. I was always under the impression that loading impulses to the Axe added MPT to the file.

Wish I could get mine to work. Got the upgrade to CabLab3 and installed iLok. iLok won't run (just starts and disappears) and CabLab says it isn't a Win32 app. :( Running XP (still!).
The website says that it requires either Vista Win7 or Win8, but it is a 32 bit app so it may work. I know that you can also get that error with a corrupt download.

Hello all,

I've updated the Cab-Lab manual to cover many of the questions people have been asking. I plan to do a guide for each plugin host too, but that will have to wait as many of them I do not own. I'm sure you'll also be seeing videos and tutorials posted here and elsewhere.

Because it's such an exciting time I am posting this link here at the same time I send the doc off to review by the beta team. Please feel free to send your comments to webmaster@... (you can guess the rest unless you're a spambot)

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/cab-lab/Cab-Lab-3-Manual.pdf

Enjoy!

2 Hours, no activation code ...

From the manual..

ACTIVATION USING ILOK LICENSE MANAGER

Cab-Lab 3 requires activation before use.
Your Activation Code will be sent to the email address on your order within one business day.

Back
Top Bottom