Cab-Lab 3 Launched!

Cab-Lab 3 is now released in our store...
We had a lot of fun making it and hope you enjoy all of the new features!

It's available in Standalone and Plugin versions, and a specially priced Bundle.
Personally, I'd recommend the bundle since the plugin is awesome to use but can't access some of the TOOLS included with the Standalone.

Click here for Cab-Lab 3 Products at shop.fractalaudio.com

PS: If you own a previous version, you should have received your upgrade discount promo code via email by now...

Hi i purchased cablab 3 yesterday, but havent recieved any registration code ;-( checked my spam folder, nothing, how long time does it take to get the code ?

no need to convert the v3 mix ir's for ultra res have cab lab set on ultra res start session, click load, select OH folder, select axe II folder, select ultra res folder(they are already ultra res in ir format for cab lab)

Ok great. I will use the defaults then. Just want to make sure I wasnt missing anything. Thanks everyone.

Hi i purchased cablab 3 yesterday, but havent recieved any registration code ;-( checked my spam folder, nothing, how long time does it take to get the code ?

From the order page... "Codes are emailed from Fractal Audio Systems within one business day of your order."

I would say if you haven't received it back within 2 weekdays from ordering it, to contact Fractal and have them resend it.

Find the folder where the cab lab fractal dll file is and take a look in you plugin path to see if it's there. If not add it, then do a new plugin search in Cubase or reload it. It should work, that's what I did.

Last edited:
Haven't been able to find an answer. If I load a wave file (Ownhammer for instance) that is longer than an ultra res file, does cab lab truncate it while usin it in the plugin? Or just when its converted to an ultra res file for use in the axe fx?

Haven't been able to find an answer. If I load a wave file (Ownhammer for instance) that is longer than an ultra res file, does cab lab truncate it while usin it in the plugin? Or just when its converted to an ultra res file for use in the axe fx?

Yes but UltraRes supports 170ms long IRs. There is typically very little, if any, information beyond there.

I really would like to see IR support on .wav basis for longer IRs (Room / Ambient you easily can get above the 170ms with these). Other IR Player can truncate the length (Redwirez, etc...). So a truncation knob (with markered UR lenght position or so) would be nice for "in DAW" productions... To me Cab Lab seems to me the Edge of IR Players for PCs at moment, but this is a thing i really miss...

I've been tracking my Axe-FX with amp/cab block and effects through external preamps (1073, chandler), and getting great results. I'm interested in buying the plugin and being able to swap cabinets during the mix, but wondering if I'll lose some of the benefits of sending a full amp + cab block signal into the front end. Thoughts?

If I use the Axe to record via USB, bypassing any conversions or external preamps, can I still use the plugin in real time?

I've been tracking my Axe-FX with amp/cab block and effects through external preamps (1073, chandler), and getting great results. I'm interested in buying the plugin and being able to swap cabinets during the mix, but wondering if I'll lose some of the benefits of sending a full amp + cab block signal into the front end. Thoughts?

If your cab block doesn't have motor drive or any non-linear settings, you should be able to get the same audio putting the plugin (i.e. the cab block) before or after the 1073.

Anything non-linear in the chain would change the audio though. So it really depends on your preset and the plugins in your DAW for you to get identical results.

Back
Top Bottom