Cab-Lab 1.0 Released!

Seems non-stock IRs are the rage, though using stock ones might get addressed if enough people ask about it.

I use my OH stuff much of the time, but it makes it impossible to share patches due to copyright issues and such. Considering most of the 3rd party stuff is purchased, this makes sharing our awesome creations impossible as well. The only patches I end up sharing are ones I've used with stock IRs... imagine coming up with a badass patch, all stock IRs, mixed to perfection in cablab which we could then share. As it stands, we won't be able to do this much of the time. Sort of a bummer if you ask me. After messing with this for a few hours, I've been able to come up with some great hybrids cabs! Great tool! I just wish we'd be able to share these more :)

Here's an idea for a grid.

1. feels at home with Axe-Edit users (everyone)
  2. allows for 8 parallel and 8 series IRs
  3. allows for EQ shaping

Attachments

• cab-lab-grid.gif
    cab-lab-grid.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 65
So what about attaching stock IRs made by FAS to the program? Or do I have to buy a Cab pack to mix your own IRs which are already in the unit? Sounds like a crappy DLC case most game distributors tend to pull off lately ;)

So what about attaching stock IRs made by FAS to the program?

many have commented on this. he'd have to release them as stand-alone files which may make sense since we already have them with in the box. but not sure that they will or should.

I bought it but I am disappointed, real time audition is the most indispensable tool, for me, when you have a lot of IR.
I'll put it away in a corner hoping for a happy update:fatigue:

I bought it but I am disappointed, real time audition is the most indispensable tool, for me, when you have a lot of IR.
impulse shopping is never a good idea

i think that cab lab is pretty awesome! :D

first i thought that the auditioning is complicated and slow
but then i just tried it and i made everything correct from the start.
it's absolutely intuitive and self explaining!

starting cab lab with tons of IR's in mind is just not a real good idea IMHO.
you'll need to find a few good IR's you really like on their own and then mix these
togeter to get even better results. this is how cab lab works best and i think
that's also how it's actually meant to be used...

CabLab doesn't work for me on a OSX 10.8.5 with the latest of everything. It won't connect but AxeEdit and Fractal-Bot do.

Try reinstalling the drivers.

Yes I tried that already and it didn't work though axe-edit and fractal-bot continue to work.

I'm upgrading to mavericks soon so I probably won't bother with the issue until then. But I thought I'd post anyway in case someone else is experiencing the same issue.

Here's an idea for a grid.

1. feels at home with Axe-Edit users (everyone)
  2. allows for 8 parallel and 8 series IRs
  3. allows for EQ shaping
Something like this would be good. Putting it as another screen in axe edit would be nice too although without the right cues people might think this is real time processing.

Back
Top Bottom