Cab-Lab 1.0 Released!

Serial Mode is explained in the user guide (included). It combines IRs in series, so you can "print" a "compensatory" IR such as a tone match on to a Cab, thereby enabling you to load the new IR and remove the tone match block. It works great. I use it to regain CPU in presets containing both a TM and a CAB.

How did this thing work? How to addition the mixing process? Is it a VST plugin? Standalone direct to the soundcard out?

From the release notes on the link...

Cab-Lab is easy to use and connects directly to your Axe-Fx II via USB. All results can be sent to the Scratch Pad for auditioning, saved more permanently to one of the 100 User Cab memory slots, or saved as a SysEx file on your computer. Cab-Lab processes IRs in full 2048 sample “high” resolution.

From the release notes on the link...

Cab-Lab is easy to use and connects directly to your Axe-Fx II via USB. All results can be sent to the Scratch Pad for auditioning, saved more permanently to one of the 100 User Cab memory slots, or saved as a SysEx file on your computer. Cab-Lab processes IRs in full 2048 sample “high” resolution.

Thanks. I`ve read this! Tells me nothing about, if i have to Mix offline, than send to Axe-Fx to audition or if i can mix and audition in realtime?!?!?! That`s my point ;)

Furthermore, ... in reference to Freeware IR mixers like LePouLeCab2, Ownhammers aomDSP and other solution i see the only advantage of this Software, that you don`t have do up to three steps with up to three different Software tools (convert .wav <-> .syx -> JoJo`s Axe-Fx Converter ; IR Mixer like Freeware LePou LeCab2 and Fractal-Bot to up-and download).

Did i miss THE link of advantage?

I won`t bash this little nice tool, but i think, this one as like Fractal-Bot (and the hopefully reborn of Axe-Manage) are all tools i really like to see under the hood (GUI) of ONE powerful Editor, supporting the hardware-mother Axe-Fx in usability, mixing, file managing and editing via PC/MAC = Axe-Edit 3.5 ;)

Sorry, but that`s IMHO ;)

Last edited:
Thanks. I`ve read this! Tells me nothing about, if i have to Mix offline, than send to Axe-Fx to audition or if i can mix and audition in realtime?!?!?! That`s my point ;)

You have to click a button to send a mix to the Axe-Fx and hear the results. Cab-Lab doesn't let you preview a mix without having an Axe-Fx. It doesn't run audio through a mix for you.

You have to click a button to send a mix to the Axe-Fx and hear the results. Cab-Lab doesn't let you preview a mix without having an Axe-Fx. It doesn't run audio through a mix for you.

So you put up to 8 IRs in the slots, mix "blind" and send it back to audition through Axe-Fx hardware?

Furthermore, ... in reference to Freeware IR mixers like LePouLeCab2, Ownhammers aomDSP and other solution i see the only advantage of this Software, that you don`t have do up to three steps with up to three different Software tools (convert .wav <-> .syx -> JoJo`s Axe-Fx Converter ; IR Mixer like Freeware LePou LeCab2 and Fractal-Bot to up-and download).

I won`t bash this little nice tool, but i think, this one as like Fractal-Bot (and the hopefully reborn of Axe-Manage) are all tools i really like to see under the hood (GUI) of ONE powerful Editor, supporting the hardware-mother Axe-Fx in usability, mixing, file managing and editing via PC/MAC = Axe-Edit 3.5 ;)

This is the first version dude... come on have you actually tried it yet? what ever it needs to be improved it will, this tool is to work in conduction with the Axe FX as the unit that will reproduce the mix for audition.

I understand it is a limitation the offline thing, but hey, enjoy what you have right now and post suggestions later!.

Cool ! Looking really forward to try next WE. The interface really looks ergonomic and foolproof !

This is the first version dude... come on have you actually tried it yet? what ever it needs to be improved it will, this tool is to work in conduction with the Axe FX as the unit that will reproduce the mix for audition.

I understand it is a limitation the offline thing, but hey, enjoy what you have right now and post suggestions later!.

I hear you! And yeah, perhaps i am a bit to critical for this first release, and NO, i did not have tried it and never can, because i don`t have a credit card! Where is paypal? Anyway, i really won`t pay for that solution in this stadium.

Using the "TROIKA" of freeware tools to convert, up- and download and mix in realtime in a VST Plugin the axe audio through vst plugin WITH backing track and capture those mixes also again with the capture tool from the Axe-Fx is perhaps more work, but hey ... realtime tweaking by auditioning within a MIX is absolutely necessary. Ask the studio guys ;)

But men! Enjoy your Cab-Lab! It will multiply Cab choices for sure and in a easier way I DO (and prefer) it .... ;)

Last edited:
23e.jpg

Works great - love the Scratchpad feature. This will keep me busy for hours on the OH stuff alone - nevermind the Red Wirez!

Dont discard Red Wirez, if you trully want to sculpt a guitar tone like it is done in a studio, Red Wirez has no rival. Of course the OH IRs are totally killer, but most of the work has already been done, RW is aimed to sound sculpting.

the advantage if you can mix and audition right on the Axe-fx. It is not real time but its not offline either. You can use the audition slot in the Axe-fx and test in different mixes in seconds. with the solo/mute features you can compare different mixes. you can then send the mix directly to a user slot in the Axe-fx. You can also save your sessions for later.

It has already been stated that axe-manage will be coming back to Axe-edit. They want it done right though.

I hear you! And yeah, perhaps i am a bit to critical for this first release, and NO, i did not have tried it and never can`t because i don`t have a credit card! Anyway, i really won`t pay for that solution in this stadium.

Using the "TROIKA" of freeware tools to convert, up- and download and mix in realtime in a VST Plugin the axe audio through vst plugin WITH backing track and capture those mixes also again with the capture tool from the Axe-Fx is perhaps more work, but hey ... realtime tweaking by auditioning within a MIX is absolutely necessary. Ask the studio guys ;)

But men! Enjoy your Cab-Lab! It will multiply Cab choices for sure and in a easier way I DO (and prefer) it .... ;)

you can make an adjustment, hit send and it changes. you can do this while playing a track.

Back
Top Bottom