Buy Dweezil's Fractal Presets

Its going to sound nothing like his sound when using your monitors and guitar with your pickups.

Come on bro, go easy, you're passing judgment on a video from almost 30 years ago? LOL!

Guilty as charged

However after listening to some other stuff, his music its not really for me

Additionaly, i think he would get more cred (from me) if he gave his away his patches for free, after all they are only patches that probably wont sound the same, without his guitars, his fingers and his band

If it's his complete catalog I think that's a great deal. Can you imagine how much time it would take to create them? Time=$$$

I would consider it if he came down in price a bit. Like by $198.

I've never had much luck with other people presets. Are presets dialed in with another setup on another firmware going to do anything for me?

Sometimes you can pick up interesting ideas though.

If these are, in fact, ALL his presets there is a MASSIVE collection of vintage effects modeled in his rig. All kinds of crazy and not-so-crazy vintage pedals have been recreated in here with loving care for accuracy. Of course, they're accurate for the sounds he's using to play Zappa music, but still. If you're looking for your vintage effects kicks, this could be your solution.

I remember when Dweezil demoed his cello preset and everybody went ape shit wanting a copy; same with his eruption preset, which he did offer for free. Many have expressed interest and drooled over the tones he (with or without Mats help) is in possession of and numerous people on this forum and other places have commented that his live tones are some of the best they have ever heard. This guy is a world class guitar player with an incredibly creative portfolio of sounds. So, as a professional, who depends on his artistry to survive and provide for his family, he has offered his portfolio of presets for a price. Maybe your not interested, but $200 to get years worth cutting edge preset development and some of the finest presets available for the axefx seems like a reasonable price to me.

Dang. Is he hurting for dough? I would have expected him to have mad bank just from inherited royalties via Frank. Guy's a genius player. I think him offering the presets is kind of cool.

I remember when Dweezil demoed his cello preset and everybody went ape shit wanting a copy; same with his eruption preset, which he did offer for free. Many have expressed interest and drooled over the tones he (with or without Mats help) is in possession of and numerous people on this forum and other places have commented that his live tones are some of the best they have ever heard. This guy is a world class guitar player with an incredibly creative portfolio of sounds. So, as a professional, who depends on his artistry to survive and provide for his family, he has offered his portfolio of presets for a price. Maybe your not interested, but $200 to get years worth cutting edge preset development and some of the finest presets available for the axefx seems like a reasonable price to me.

So does that mean your buying it ?

Dweez is known to be a gear freak (amps stock and modded, cabs, fxs stock and modded, guitars and puppys, etc...) and he knows his gear way better and deep than many pros in the scene! His EVH tone in a well knoun video is one of the best EVH tone replica. If this guy sell an Axe preset pack I bet is a top preset collection and maybe - analyzing the preset with Axe Edit - the best way to go deep in the Axe Fx knowledge! Better than any class... clinic... etc...
Yes ... you can go with your own feet... but you need to walk maybe for many many years before you can rise to that level of knowledge!
So to me 200$ ... too much or not... is only a p.o.v.
If you see that preset pack like a "super-charge" of knowledge (even if it needs some fine tuning for your gear) well i think that worth it!

Back
Top Bottom