Buy Dweezil's Fractal Presets

That's a steal for what I'm sure is an either AFII worth of patches and effects. Iconic stuff is there from his catalog and his dad's sound catalog. If you want classic effects that's a nice way to get them for zero effort.

That's a steal for what I'm sure is an either AFII worth of patches and effects. Iconic stuff is there from his catalog and his dad's sound catalog. If you want classic effects that's a nice way to get them for zero effort.

You made me think. Could it be limited to the effects for his upcoming album?

Somebody else's presets made for somebody else's guitars, touch & music? Yeah, $200.00 is way more than I would pay.

And that somebody in particular strings his guitars with 8's.

So, all his settings are darker, to compensate for light gauge strings. Boom - you already need to make adjustments to every patch you get.

If you were to watch his rig rundown on that Zappa plays Zappa tour, you'd see, that, yes, while he's using a couple of Fractals, he also has 20 linear feet of classic stompboxes to add to the sound at various times.

...and, as has been said many many times before - if you gave me Steve Vai's settings...if you allowed me to play through his rig at sound check, I wouldn't sound anything at all whatsoever like him.

What might be worth it to me is to get his effects settings and layout topology. I'd be fine making the amp/cab combos the way I like them, dialed to my gear and style. Agree that $200 seems sort of steep but the market will decide that. Also, Dweezil is being a good business man (or his business manager is). The nature of making money in music has changed so much that you have to offer unique, one-of-a-kind experiences or info. Will someone pay him $12,000 to record in a studio? Maybe. Worth a shot. When it comes to this, I do not begrudge musicians at all who have built a name and try to monetize that. Again, you can't really make that much off of selling the songs and Dweezil wasn't going to anyway because he's not mainstream.

...and, as has been said many many times before - if you gave me Steve Vai's settings...if you allowed me to play through his rig at sound check, I wouldn't sound anything at all whatsoever like him.

Nor do I want to sound like anyone but me.

What might be worth it to me is to get his effects settings and layout topology. I'd be fine making the amp/cab combos the way I like them, dialed to my gear and style. Agree that $200 seems sort of steep but the market will decide that. Also, Dweezil is being a good business man (or his business manager is). The nature of making money in music has changed so much that you have to offer unique, one-of-a-kind experiences or info. Will someone pay him $12,000 to record in a studio? Maybe. Worth a shot. When it comes to this, I do not begrudge musicians at all who have built a name and try to monetize that. Again, you can't really make that much off of selling the songs and Dweezil wasn't going to anyway because he's not mainstream.

Agreed. That might be one of the reasons I'm a Feared fan (as opposed to just being an Ola Englund demo fan)... They've been very creative in their offerings, even releasing raws and dry tracks for reamping.
As a FAS owner interested in FAS stuff (and not really that into the Dweez), $200 is waaay too high IMO.

I've never heard any tones of either dude that caught my attention. Also, for all his acclaimed genius, I find Zappa's music bizarrely simplistic.

So, all his settings are darker, to compensate for light gauge strings. Boom - you already need to make adjustments to every patch you get.

If you were to watch his rig rundown on that Zappa plays Zappa tour, you'd see, that, yes, while he's using a couple of Fractals, he also has 20 linear feet of classic stompboxes to add to the sound at various times.

Exactly. EVH famously said many years back that Ted Nugent played through Eddie's stuff and it sounded like Ted, not Eddie. Your tone is mainly in your hands.

Better come with some talent too for $200.....

I'd probably pay something like $49.99 for all of Brit Floyd's Gilmour patches, but Zappa...to each his own but I don't know if I'd really even DL them if they were free. Seems like a cool dude and a good musician for sure, but I've just never heard his tone and had an "oh my god...I want to cop his tone" moment.

I'm tempted. Gotta be awesome stuff (fx). If it is the entire catalog. It looks that way: "Dweezil’s entire Fractal Effects Library".

I agree.

While I'm sure the tones wouldn't be bad even in the worst case, I have no doubt the effects layout alone would probably be worth the price of admission (provided of course it's entire library). I too am very tempted.

Ill give anything a listen to , however the first hit for dweezel zapper i found on the interwebz is the following

i think i need more convincing

Back
Top Bottom