Buy Dweezil's Fractal Presets

One of my favorite Axe related experiences was being fortunate enough to be in a room at an Amp show where it was Cliff, Matt, James Santiago, Dweezil, and little ole me for several hours along with relatively few amp show attendees passing through. It was so slow that day that not much demoing was going on. Matt and Dweezil took the time to dial in some presets and adjust his pedals.

Watching and listening to those two was eye opening. They interact really well together almost finishing each others sentences if you know what I mean. I thought I was pretty knowledgable about the box but after that day I went away realizing I had SO MUCH more to learn. Their knowledge about not only the Axe but the hardware it models is truly impressive.

So, as many have said, if you are expecting his library to translate straight across to your system you will most likely be disappointed. We don't have the same guitars, pickups, monitoring, or skills etc. That is just plain ole common sense. However, if you are willing to take the time and do the work by studying the presets and looking at what parameters they adjusted then these could be a great resource. It would be nice if they are all updated to the latest firmware but I imagine that won't be the case. Regardless, you can always load the firmware they were created on if that information is given and simply see what they changed from the default values.

All those hours upon hours of Matt and Dweezil working together along with their years of knowledge being in the business are at your fingertips if you choose to put the effort in to learn. That is the value of this offering in my humble opinion. Invaluable might be a more appropriate adjective.

Last edited:
just consider the new Reverb now coming? without the knowledge they have it might not sound anymore with major fw-updates. For me to take advantage of a new fw-update is much more important and after 3 years now, it is really easy now to dial in tones...

All those hours upon hours of Matt and Dweezil working together along with their years of knowledge being in the business are at your fingertips if you choose to put the effort in to learn. That is the value of this offering in my humble opinion. Invaluable might be a more appropriate adjective.

Exactly what i mean! :encouragement:

Also, for all his acclaimed genius, I find Zappa's music bizarrely simplistic.

Funniest thing I have read here so far. You are a real joker! :)

Frank Zappa has some very original and innovative guitar sounds. Love his solos.
The one preset I want from Dweezil is the Zappa Dynaflange sound. Haven't heard a convincing recreation of that from anyone here or elsewhere.
So can someone buy the package and share that preset please? :)

Also don't forget Dweezil is using tons of pedals along his Axe fx including 3 Eventide H9's. So only the Axe fx presets might not sound like the total sound he gets.

Last edited:
I guess you're paying for an insight into how a prominent recording guitarist goes about using the axe-fx. I learned a fair bit the first time I downloaded someone's entire bank set from this site some time back. I didn't in the end use any of the presets directly but looking at the routing and effects trickery was a real eye opener.

It's a lot of money though, I guess you would really need to be a dedicated fan.

I'm not sure if Dweezil is cool with this, but I would pledge $10 to get there patches to release to the axe community. Just need 19 more people :)

Of course if Dweezil isn't happy with this idea, forget it.

I'm not sure if Dweezil is cool with this, but I would pledge $10 to get there patches to release to the axe community. Just need 19 more people :)

Of course if Dweezil isn't happy with this idea, forget it.
I'm pretty sure dweezil would not be cool with that. Sort of defeats the point of offering them on this venture, doesn't it? Since most of the people interested would frequent this place anyway...

Even releasing them after the deadline would not be cool. That would P.O. the guys that did pay up, of course.

We are never getting our greasy paws on these presets legally unless we pay for it. To me that's the way it should be. Pay up or shut up. Enjoy something? Then pay for it.

I hate the download culture nowadays that wants everything for free, no matter what it cost to make. It's bankrupting the industry and artists are suffering most for it.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure dweezil would not be cool with that. Sort of defeats the point of offering them on this venture, doesn't it? Since most of the people interested would frequent this place anyway...

We all know – intuitively – that would be theft. This isn't a warez site. I have to believe the people who chimed in did so jokingly, because it's a fantasy to think otherwise. We're better than that.

We all know – intuitively – that would be theft. This isn't a warez site. I have to believe the people who chimed in did so jokingly, because it's a fantasy to think otherwise. We're better than that.

That's naive thinking. There are bad people here that will buy these and share them.

We are never getting our greasy paws on these presets legally unless we pay for it. To me that's the way it should be. Pay up or shut up. Enjoy something? Then pay for it.

I hate the download culture nowadays that wants everything for free, no matter what it cost to make. It's bankrupting the industry and artists are suffering most for it.

Indeed. In fact I find it rather ironic that a bunch of musicians who, presumably, would defend their own intellectual rights up to the hilt, don't recognise the intellectual property value of these presets. If you don't want to spend the money, don't. But rip the guy off? Not so nice.

Also, to be picky, he's not selling the presets in the same way you can buy a cab pack from FAS. He's asking for a pledge to make an album, in return for which (if you pledge $200) you get his presets, the album and maybe some other freebies. Not quite the same thing. In other words, look at this in the context of a music-making funding venture, not the sale of presets. They're just the bonus if you stump up enough cash.

200?....jeeez. He must be very proud of hid offering.

3 or 5 bucks a piece for selectable usable presets would be my thinking.

I use differing guitars and do not always use frfr anymore so that leaves me with tweaking again.

I'm sick of tweaking. But still love my AXFX.

I like Dweezel, he is a great player, and no doubt reading this thread. :encouragement:

perhaps a further breakdown to justify costs is what I need to entice my buying boner.

Maybe I'm wrong, but are we really talking about presets? The pledge only talks about effects library - so no full presets but only the effects blocks, or am I wrong?

Interesting catch, Gearhead. I think it would behoove Dweezil to pop on here and clarify what's actually included, may make him some sales...

Ill give anything a listen to , however the first hit for dweezel zapper i found on the interwebz is the following

i think i need more convincing

You do realize he was 16 when he did that album, right?

It's been ages since I listened to "Havin' a Bad Day" but I remember the instrumental tracks being good, some really cool use of a stereo guitar and delay...

Back
Top Bottom