• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug: MIDI Block problem?

djidoe

Inspired
Hi, when I insert a MIDI Block and enter PC information, the AxeFX3 does not send the good MIDI PC to my external unit when I sweep through the patches.

But when I press "TEST ROW" in MIDI Block, it sends the good PC to my external unit.

Maybe a bug ?

Anyone can confirm please ?

Thanx

djidoe

Inspired
Not working, I tried with another external delay module. The program changes don't work properly. Sometimes something happen and it's not the good PC that appear on the external module.

I just want someone who can confirm that.

With my AX8 everything is working ok with the same procedure.

unix-guy

Legend!
Since you've said it 3 times, what do you mean by "the good PC"?

PCs don't have a good or bad, just a value.

I have not tried the midi block, but is it supposed to send on program change or only scene changes?

Is your Axe Fx III on a different midi channel than the device you are trying to control?

djidoe

Inspired
The good PC means the values I entered in the MIDI Block.

The midi channels matches.

Sorry I’m french speaking.

Thanx

Last edited:

unix-guy

Legend!
The good PC means the values I entered in the MIDI Block.

The midi channels matches.

Sorry I’m french speaking.

Thanx
Ok... Thought it may be a language issue ;)

The midi channel of your Axe Fx should probably be different than the midi channel of the device you are controlling.

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
Ok... Thought it may be a language issue ;)

The midi channel of your Axe Fx should probably be different than the midi channel of the device you are controlling.
Hm. I see the bug has been confirmed, but I’m not sure what you’re saying. To control a midi device the channels have to match. If I’m controlling a device where the midi channel of that device is 7, I have to send midi channel 7. Right? Or am I missing something? If your Axe isn’t sending then it’s good to not have the same channel numbers.

unix-guy

Legend!
Hm. I see the bug has been confirmed, but I’m not sure what you’re saying. To control a midi device the channels have to match. If I’m controlling a device where the midi channel of that device is 7, I have to send midi channel 7. Right? Or am I missing something? If your Axe isn’t sending then it’s good to not have the same channel numbers.
I am not talking about the midi channel being transmitted - of course that has to match (or the device has to listen on omni).

What I was saying is that the midi channel of the Axe Fx itself should not be the same.

So, for example:

Axe Fx on Channel 1
External device on Channel 2
Midi block sends message to Channel 2

Edit:

I know this can be done (multiple devices on the same channel), but it's generally not the best route unless you are doing something very specific and know what you're doing.

djidoe

Inspired
I tried this morning to send a patch to my VG99 from the AxeFX3 (using MIDI Block)... no chance... I sent PC #1 and my VG change to patch 301...

So, I tried a delay unit... I sent PC #1 to my Lexicon and it change to patch #11.

Maybe something is yet not correct ?

Maybe I have to change something in the MIDI/Remote from the AxeFX3 ?

Someone can confirm or help me ?

Thanx

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I tried this morning to send a patch to my VG99 from the AxeFX3 (using MIDI Block)... no chance... I sent PC #1 and my VG change to patch 301...

So, I tried a delay unit... I sent PC #1 to my Lexicon and it change to patch #11.

Thanx
Works fine here. Verified correct messages sent using MIDI-OX.

slinky005

Power User

Thanx
Just curious, what is the advantage of sending midi this way as opposed to using an external controller?

djidoe

Inspired
When I load a patch from AxeFX3, the VG99 load up the good patch of modeling and tuning and modeled guitar automatically via MIDI.

Top Bottom