Bug: MIDI Block problem?

djidoe

Inspired
Hi, when I insert a MIDI Block and enter PC information, the AxeFX3 does not send the good MIDI PC to my external unit when I sweep through the patches.

But when I press "TEST ROW" in MIDI Block, it sends the good PC to my external unit.

Maybe a bug ?

Anyone can confirm please ?

Thanx

Not working, I tried with another external delay module. The program changes don't work properly. Sometimes something happen and it's not the good PC that appear on the external module.

I just want someone who can confirm that.

With my AX8 everything is working ok with the same procedure.

Since you've said it 3 times, what do you mean by "the good PC"?

PCs don't have a good or bad, just a value.

I have not tried the midi block, but is it supposed to send on program change or only scene changes?

Is your Axe Fx III on a different midi channel than the device you are trying to control?

The good PC means the values I entered in the MIDI Block.

The midi channels matches.

Sorry I’m french speaking.

Thanx

Last edited:
The good PC means the values I entered in the MIDI Block.

The midi channels matches.

Sorry I’m french speaking.

Thanx
Ok... Thought it may be a language issue ;)

The midi channel of your Axe Fx should probably be different than the midi channel of the device you are controlling.

Ok... Thought it may be a language issue ;)

The midi channel of your Axe Fx should probably be different than the midi channel of the device you are controlling.
Hm. I see the bug has been confirmed, but I’m not sure what you’re saying. To control a midi device the channels have to match. If I’m controlling a device where the midi channel of that device is 7, I have to send midi channel 7. Right? Or am I missing something? If your Axe isn’t sending then it’s good to not have the same channel numbers.

Hm. I see the bug has been confirmed, but I’m not sure what you’re saying. To control a midi device the channels have to match. If I’m controlling a device where the midi channel of that device is 7, I have to send midi channel 7. Right? Or am I missing something? If your Axe isn’t sending then it’s good to not have the same channel numbers.
I am not talking about the midi channel being transmitted - of course that has to match (or the device has to listen on omni).

What I was saying is that the midi channel of the Axe Fx itself should not be the same.

So, for example:

Axe Fx on Channel 1
External device on Channel 2
Midi block sends message to Channel 2

Edit:

I know this can be done (multiple devices on the same channel), but it's generally not the best route unless you are doing something very specific and know what you're doing.

I tried this morning to send a patch to my VG99 from the AxeFX3 (using MIDI Block)... no chance... I sent PC #1 and my VG change to patch 301...

So, I tried a delay unit... I sent PC #1 to my Lexicon and it change to patch #11.

Maybe something is yet not correct ?

Maybe I have to change something in the MIDI/Remote from the AxeFX3 ?

Someone can confirm or help me ?

Thanx

I tried this morning to send a patch to my VG99 from the AxeFX3 (using MIDI Block)... no chance... I sent PC #1 and my VG change to patch 301...

So, I tried a delay unit... I sent PC #1 to my Lexicon and it change to patch #11.

Thanx
Works fine here. Verified correct messages sent using MIDI-OX.

Thanx
Just curious, what is the advantage of sending midi this way as opposed to using an external controller?

When I load a patch from AxeFX3, the VG99 load up the good patch of modeling and tuning and modeled guitar automatically via MIDI.

Back
Top Bottom