BUG: Ignore Redundant PC = ON does not work

Something else that people may run into is if you're using a couple switches set to scene inc. and scene dec. you might want to set SEND IA WITH PRESET to OFF. This was causing my axe fx to always load scene two regardless of any other setting elsewhere saying load something else.

Has anyone been able to get this to work properly with a Boss ES8? This still happens for me even with Ignore Redundant PC ON. For example, While in the same preset, if I send a PC 7 CC# 34 value 1, it will load Preset 7 Scene 2. Then if I send PC 7 CC#34 Value 5 it will load preset 7 Scene 6. That's all fine, however, when I go between the scenes, it will quickly load scene 1 before loading scene 2 or 6 every time. Sort of unrelated(maybe) PC Mapping... that will no respond properly to any programming that I send.

Has anyone been able to get this to work properly with a Boss ES8? This still happens for me even with Ignore Redundant PC ON. For example, While in the same preset, if I send a PC 7 CC# 34 value 1, it will load Preset 7 Scene 2. Then if I send PC 7 CC#34 Value 5 it will load preset 7 Scene 6. That's all fine, however, when I go between the scenes, it will quickly load scene 1 before loading scene 2 or 6 every time. Sort of unrelated(maybe) PC Mapping... that will no respond properly to any programming that I send.
Is there a reason you need to send the PC and the CC together?

Also, are you certain it is sending ONLY those 2 midi commands? Can you hook it up to your computer and use a midi monitor like MidiOx to verify?

Are you also using PC Mapping? Your last sentence is not clear to me.

Is there a reason you need to send the PC and the CC together?

Yes. I sometimes am on another preset and need to get back to a preset and load a specific scene. Not always the same scene.

Also, are you certain it is sending ONLY those 2 midi commands? Can you hook it up to your computer and use a midi monitor like MidiOx to verify?

I am certain that it's only sending those midi commands. I am not familiar with MidiOx I will definetly look into it.

Are you also using PC Mapping? Your last sentence is not clear to me.

Apologies. I will update that bit tomorrow with a little more detail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom