BUG: Ignore Redundant PC = ON does not work

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Ignore PC Redundant = ON did NOT ignore redundant PC Change Commands:

Example in the Video:

Preset 001 saved with default SCENE3. When i send now PC 001 & SCENE Command value for Scene 1, the Axe III seems to reload the same Preset (instead of ignoring the command) and secondly change the Scene Value to the command Scene 1 (CC# SCENE CHANGE, value 0).

If Ignore Redundant PC = ON would work as intended, it should IGNORE the incoming PC and just stay on SCENE1, because this command is also send.

What firmware version? I seem to recall this being mentioned before... I thought it was fixed, but I might be wrong.

Is this why when I try and switch presets with my MFC it jumps up to the preset shown on the MFC but then switches right back?

Awesome! This answers one of my questions in another thread about the FCB1010 and scene toggling using a single pedal :)

Thank you - good to know it'll be fixed.

Fractal, you rock.

It’s exactly like his video except my presets are doing that instead of my scenes. It started doing that like last weekend or so, I’m thinking maybe after I installed the latest update?

It’s exactly like his video except my presets are doing that instead of my scenes. It started doing that like last weekend or so, I’m thinking maybe after I installed the latest update?
The issue is with Ignore Redundant PC. That means that if you send a PC and you're already on the same preset, nothing should happen. Right now it will reload the same preset.

If you're sending a preset other than the one you are already on, this is not related.

Maybe you can explain what you are sending from the MFC and what you expect to happen?

The issue is with Ignore Redundant PC. That means that if you send a PC and you're already on the same preset, nothing should happen. Right now it will reload the same preset.

If you're sending a preset other than the one you are already on, this is not related.

Maybe you can explain what you are sending from the MFC and what you expect to happen?

I’m just pressing the preset up/down buttons on the MFC and the axe III will go to the preset shown on the MFC but then jump back to the preset that originally booted up when I turned on the axe III.

Maybe I need to turn the MFC on before the Axe Fx?

I understand Midi fairly good, I had it working and then I got to my gig last weekend and this started happening haha. It’s like the preset up/down buttons are sending two different PC messages one after another. I don’t think there’s anyway to program what those buttons do. Thanks for helping, appreciate it. I’ll make a video if I’m still not making sense.

I’m just pressing the preset up/down buttons on the MFC and the axe III will go to the preset shown on the MFC but then jump back to the preset that originally booted up when I turned on the axe III.

Maybe I need to turn the MFC on before the Axe Fx?

I understand Midi fairly good, I had it working and then I got to my gig last weekend and this started happening haha. It’s like the preset up/down buttons are sending two different PC messages one after another. I don’t think there’s anyway to program what those buttons do. Thanks for helping, appreciate it. I’ll make a video if I’m still not making sense.
There are no "preset up/down" buttons on the MFC.

Are you using Bank Size 0 and referring to the Bank up/down buttons?

Are you using only ONE midi cable from MFC midi out to Axe Fx III midi in?

There are no "preset up/down" buttons on the MFC.

Are you using Bank Size 0 and referring to the Bank up/down buttons?

Are you using only ONE midi cable from MFC midi out to Axe Fx III midi in?

Sorry you’re right, the bank up down buttons yeah. Bank size is zero.

Yeah I’m using just one midi cable connected like you say. Even using a bestronics 5 to 7 pin.

Just tried booting the MFC first and that didn’t work

Any other ideas?

Sorry you’re right, the bank up down buttons yeah. Bank size is zero.

Yeah I’m using just one midi cable connected like you say. Even using a bestronics 5 to 7 pin.

Just tried booting the MFC first and that didn’t work

Any other ideas?
I am not sure how that would even be possible...

Do you actually see and hear the Axe Fx change presets?

Is your MFC set to NONE for Axe Fx mode?

Yes, Axe Fx mode is set to none. This boggles me too... all my IA switches and scene up/down buttons work, so if i just set the preset on the Axe manually it'll turn stuff on and off fine, but i just dont touch the up down buttons now. I've been sticking to only a preset or two at gigs so I'm managing.

Back
Top Bottom