Brrrrrrrr!!

This is what we get in New Hampshire. I call it solid rain.
It's brutal! We get rain mid-winter, once or twice a year. If you leave it, it's like trying to drive and walk over a bumpy glacier when it freezes. Given that we're supposed to get a flash freeze this afternoon, I wanted to get rid of it before it freezes.

Up to 5 degrees C next week!

Last edited:
55° F in Bristol, RI right now, but it will drop 40° … to 15° by tomorrow morning.

A few days ago, I got my cat a hot water bottle … she’s on the bed with it right now, happy as a clam. Stay warm, everyone.

warm-kitty.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you? Looks very familiar. I think I might have taken drone shots of those transmission lines for work.

All I know it’s dropping fast here in northern NJ. Just got 2 gallons of fresh gas and fired up the generator just to be sure it’s going to work if I need it. Lord knows with 12k a year in property taxes I can’t expect anything approaching reliable utilities.

Woke up to a chilly 2 degrees here in Asheville, NC. Warmed up to a warm 10 degrees now.

I went outside just for 5 minutes and it's really dangerous especially with the high winds.

For the first time, our furnace isn’t keeping up in Nashville. I’m finding out where our house isn’t sealed…the hard way. There’s thick frost on our front door hinges. I thought I’d left this kinda thing back in Chicago!?

Bonus entertainment...watching one our neighbors spin the wheels of his pickup in front of our house for several minutes in half an inch of snow (and I assume, some ice). 🤣

-2F with RealFeel (wind chill) of -16.

Wind gusts of around 30 mph.

And I'm out climbing telephone poles in it for work all day.

Few winters ago it got down to -38. Wind chill was -52.

We worked out in that too.

Last edited:
If pipes aren’t insulated you better be ready, it’s coming.
2 Februarys ago we were in Colorado skiing when the cold snap hit Texas - the one where rolling blackouts turned into widespread power outages across the state. Nobody from Texas could get home - stuck due to flight cancellations and closed airports. Then a pipe burst in my garage wall. If not for great neighbors, it would have been a lot worse. But all this to say, the walls and even my pipes are insulated. My wall was torn out by the plumber to fix things while I was gone. So I could see what was there, but it still can’t be done to building codes north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Anyways, stay warm y’all. And Happy Christmas or happy Hanukkah to you. I love this crazy Fractal group. What a gift.

Back
Top Bottom