BROOTALZ Appreciation post

Sounds killa, dude! I need to mess around with that model some more. When I first tested it out, I engaged the Bright Switch I got some craaaaazy uncontrollable noise in an unappealing frequency range...??? But that was with my usual German 412/Citrus412 v30 Cab blend, so I'll have to test it with some different cabs. What cab(s) did you use? And I'd love to see what all you did with your patch layout to make it sound so good. Excellent sound dude!

Very djenty. I bet Periphery will use this amp as well in the future.

FAS Should do more Signature Amp models like the Thorendal for endorsees... that would be very cool and add some exclusivity (i.e. instead of this model is based on some amp you can buy this amp is based on something you can only get here). I.e. FAS Periphery, FAS Metallica, etc. I know the FAS models tend to rule so a lot of existing customers who already "get it" might not care much but prospective customers eat up the artist endorsements, IMHO.

Using Teh Brootalz in - of all places - church this weekend!! Good thing we have a couple defibrillators mounted on the wall!!

What cab did you use to bring out teh brootalz?

I used a blend of 3 different cabs: Cali, V30 and SLM V30 (OH)

Sounds killa, dude! I need to mess around with that model some more. When I first tested it out, I engaged the Bright Switch I got some craaaaazy uncontrollable noise in an unappealing frequency range...??? But that was with my usual German 412/Citrus412 v30 Cab blend, so I'll have to test it with some different cabs. What cab(s) did you use? And I'd love to see what all you did with your patch layout to make it sound so good. Excellent sound dude!

Yea, this model, to me, doesn't feel like it needs the bright switch.
For the cabs, see above. :moon:
My layout looks something like this:

Pitch (unused)>Gate>Comp>Drive>Amp>Cab>PEQ>PEQ
___________________________________ Amp Cab

I blend amps all the time, but most of it was Teh Brootalz. And you really only need one PEQ, but I have two.

Using Teh Brootalz in - of all places - church this weekend!! Good thing we have a couple defibrillators mounted on the wall!!

Haha yea, bring on the djent! :encouragement:
(I know that's probably not what you're playing, but I like to think that it is)

I used a blend of 3 different cabs: Cali, V30 and SLM V30 (OH)

Yea, this model, to me, doesn't feel like it needs the bright switch.
For the cabs, see above. :moon:
My layout looks something like this:

Pitch (unused)>Gate>Comp>Drive>Amp>Cab>PEQ>PEQ
___________________________________ Amp Cab

I blend amps all the time, but most of it was Teh Brootalz. And you really only need one PEQ, but I have two.

That's really close to my general layout...except I don't really use Comp block which I may experiment with again. I do put 2 PEQ blocks after the cab to filter lows/highs and to cut/boost a few frequencies.

And I'll have to try that cab blend for myself:)

Are there any particular Cuts or Boosts you made in the PEQ?

But yea... It looks like I'll be staying away from that Bright Switch on this guy:/

Thanks for the feedback and the great clip:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to hear more! Great de...de...de...de...de..d.e...d.e....de..d.e.d.e..de..de....de..d.e.d.e ...DEMO

That's really close to my general layout...except I don't really use Comp block which I may experiment with again. I do put 2 PEQ blocks after the cab to filter lows/highs and to cut/boost a few frequencies.

And I'll have to try that cab blend for myself:)

Are there any particular Cuts or Boosts you made in the PEQ?

But yea... It looks like I'll be staying away from that Bright Switch on this guy:/

Thanks for the feedback and the great clip:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highpass where you think would sound best for your guitar, cut some low mids and I always put a highshelf at 3.5k.
That's usually what I do to all my patches. The 3.5k boost really helps especially with the bright switch off.

Back
Top Bottom