Wish Broadcast Audio Delay for bigger stereo or to align blocks with racks

RackAddict

Previous handle "Djenter"
It would be nice to have more of a true offset delay, otherwise called a broadcast delay similar to Rane AD racks.
I used to use one with two amps and I would delay one by whatever amount I wished to get pseudo-stereo.
Doing this within the cab block doesn't give a big enough stereo image. Using two cab blocks with one of them delayed by a bit certainly would.
The enhancer in stereo mode gives a bit more.
But the other reason is because I would like to blend in my Two notes torpedo studio rack in the AES effects loop with regular cab blocks (I liotheboth equally but I find them to be fundamentally different sounds altogether.

But no matter what, you cannot get the cab block to not phase a flange sound when blending that external cab simulator. Probably because the cab block can only offset Cabs relative to the other 4 cab slots only from what I was told in the AES bug thread I and another person am experiencing problems in.

Theres just so many potential uses for a broadcast delay. Another is if you need to delay one band member or two a multi-member video cast which has both good and bad connections some,delayed more than others. To be able to delay the axe fx 3 players even more in the case that their video cast connection has less problems.

This ↑. Digital Stereo type in the Delay block with feedback at 0% and mix at 100% will give you a completely transparent stereo delay offset anywhere from 1 ms up to 16000 ms.

The Align feature in the cab block maxes out at about 1 ms of delay, so use the digital delay for the bulk of the shift and then fine tune the phase alignment with the Cab block Align feature.

For pseudo-stereo Haas delay effects, use the enhancer block in Classic mode. It delays the left channel up to 20 ms for widening effects.

There a plenty of ways I have found to do this (flanger w/ depth 0, or classic enhancer for example).
The easiest way I have found for micro delays is to use a compressor (dynamics processor is a low cpu use type) set to a ratio of 1 (I suppose a mix of 0 would work too) and adjust the look ahead parameter. A look ahead of 1.497ms nulls a delay block set at 1 ms.

Another wish for a dedicated micro delay block for time alignment. +infinity from me. At least two instances of it.

Back
Top Bottom