Burgs

Power User
I wrote this one for myself, as a kitchen sink preset that I can use on stage, based around the recently introduced (and very excellent) Class-A 30W Brilliant model. It's an 8-Scene affair with clean, ambient and several different overdrive Scenes with appropriate satellite effects that can be kicked in and out at your leisure.

The wah block should be noted as it's on auto-engage. Please be sure to configure to your own expression pedal settings.

Requires Firmware Version 25.01 or later. There's also an FM9 version up on Axe-Change.

Axe-FX III version: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10954
FM9 version (identical): http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10955

Awesome Brett so generous of you too share your presets.
Can’t wait to try this always great fun. Thanks

Another great one, Brett! Do you mind explaining the Tom Scholz frequency on the treble booster that Cliff told you about? I'm a big fan of his tone so this might be a breakthrough moment for me lol.

Another great one, Brett! Do you mind explaining the Tom Scholz frequency on the treble booster that Cliff told you about? I'm a big fan of his tone so this might be a breakthrough moment for me lol.
Pushing 800Hz by a healthy 6dB or more, with a narrow 'Q', into the front of an overdrive or overdriven amp (Marshalls love it) will give you that nasally Boston tone. It's almost like a cocked wah (which is probably what Mr Scholz used in the first place).

Brett, you are a super guitarist! So relaxed and expressive. Gives me something to aspire too, for sure.

Have a great weekend, Gilesy
Thank you, Gilesy. My 'style', if you could call it that, is just a mixture of blues, laziness and familiarity. I find it hard to pay attention to anything too technical for very long so I just improvise - a bit like flying a kite. Some things I'm OK at so I stick to them, but I'm also keen to try humorous stuff (to me) and see where that takes me. It's just fun. When it stops being fun, I'll probably stop too. Thanks for the kind words and all the best to you.

Back
Top Bottom