Brian May

I'll be impressed if you did NOT do that with a metal pick or coin...

the articulation sounds like you are

No coin or metal pick.
I recorded it with a dunlop nylon standard (88 ). The only thing I did in the intro was to play with the egde part of the pick against the string to get the "coin" sound.
I wanted the preset to sound as close as possible without having to use a Red Special or a sixpence. :D

So nice best sounding Brian may sound i ever heard on this forum.
Now i can throw all my tryouts in the garbidge.
Thanks very well done.
And very well played to.

Amazing sounding! BM is also one of my favorites, so I appreciate the focus that you put on this. I have tried some May patches myself, but most of them just seem to be midrange-rich.

Care to talk through the process you used?

Thanks!

Amazing sounding! BM is also one of my favorites, so I appreciate the focus that you put on this. I have tried some May patches myself, but most of them just seem to be midrange-rich.

Thanks!

This!! ^
I fail miserably at creating BM tones!

Just checked out this patch last night... very cool! I was using my Strat, so I assume it might sound a little closer to what was intended with humbuckers, but it was cool with the Strat none the less. Thanks for posting this.

Sounds great man, love the way it cleans ups to. Your guitar sounds great also, id love to have a musicman. Someday I'm either going to get a Musicman or a Suhr. Anyways I love the sound you captured great playing to.

This is fantastic - great work OP (and great playing too). BM is one of my heroes too, but I cannot play close to him at all.

Loved the harmonies bit too - You probably used the Pitch block for it, but I am reminded of this old video of his where he talks about using multiple delay pedals to "self-harmonise"...

Thanks!

I tonematched an amp track from the original Queen Brighton Rock recording for one of the cabs. The other one is the Class-A 30w Blue Mix. There's a treble booster in front of the chain, an enhancer and 2 different revs at the end, those are always on. There is also a chorus, a multi dly and a intel harmonizer.

Here's how the preset is divided:

Scene 1 - Full Stack.
Scene 2 - Only tonematched cab. Chorus and Rev 2 off.
Scene 3 - Only cab 2.
Scene 4 - Full stack with a 2 repeat delay.
Scene 5 - Intel harmonizer (C major) only on cab 2.

I did not use scene 5 on the recording, the harmonizing part is made with a delay. Check out this vid min 8:00:

Thx once again for all the nice comments! :)

Last edited:
Tried this preset with my Les Paul finally and and sounds better than it did with my Strat. Killer.. thanks again JB.

Back
Top Bottom