Bought AXE FX 2 returned...not exactly happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an AXE FX II and just felt it wasn't worth the money so I decided to keep my current rig...I had a problem with Fractal refunding my money to my credit card. They stated that credit cards always do "this" , or take their time so they can get the extra fees, etc. I had been with my credit card company for over 10 years without any problems and they continued to state that Fractal wasn't issuing the charge back. After threatening Fractal with a credit dispute, they finally refunded me. I just can't help but felt this was unprofessional on the part of Fractal. I know you can't please anyone, but Fractal, come on, you were ultimately responsible for the refund...why play games?

He's sharing his experience and how he perceived things to have transpired. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

However, there isn't enough information provided to the reader in order to come to any kind of solid conclusion. Take it for what it is on an internet forum.

So why did you think it wasnt worth the money? I dont see the reasoning why anyone would say that seeing as an Axe saves people multiple thousands of dollars in gear! Saying it was too technical for you I can see that because it can be a daunting piece of tech but not worth the money hmmm, reason?

You guys and your knee-jerk reactions defending Fractal are facepalm-worthy. 3 out of 4 of the first responses are blind defenses of Fractal. I love Fractal as much as the next guy - I've had an Ultra, a II, an FX8, and an MFC - but Fractal is not perfect, I'm sure they screw up from time to time like most other humans. It might be good to understand more about the situation before blindly rushing to Fractal's defense. It's a theme that's repeated time and again on this forum.

I hardly view the defenses as "knee jerk reactions". Those who defend have had nothing but positive interactions with the company, compared to a guy with only 2 posts since joining in February 2015. He's clearly moved on from his unhappy stay here, so what was the point of his post? To warn us that Fractal will "plays games" with our credit cards and that we should flee as well?

You guys and your knee-jerk reactions defending Fractal are facepalm-worthy. 3 out of 4 of the first responses are blind defenses of Fractal. I love Fractal as much as the next guy - I've had an Ultra, a II, an FX8, and an MFC - but Fractal is not perfect, I'm sure they screw up from time to time like most other humans. It might be good to understand more about the situation before blindly rushing to Fractal's defense. It's a theme that's repeated time and again on this forum.

Sure, but why post about it? I'll ask the OP again: what are you hoping to accomplish from this thread? You got your money back. You're not longer an owner. Is it to warn people off? Vent? Get a little righteous comeuppance?

There's not real reason to post this, as it's posted. Certainly not here.

The first 3 or 4 posts were not blind 'defenses' of Fractal. And the OP is a blind accusation with nothing to substantiate the facts.

Critical thinking isn't 'blind defense'. It's a prudent reaction to a baseless - as of this juncture - accusation from an anonymous source.

Let's all be adults and stop taking everything as fact from anonymous posts on forums from guys with "...fromuranus" while leaping at any sort of question of such as fanboyism.

The OP is insinuating that Fractal attempted to keep his money and not refund him after the product was returned. He then claims that the only reason the money was refunded was because he threatened Fractal with a credit dispute.

This means that he believes if he did not threaten a credit dispute, Fractal would have kept his money even after the product was returned.

Therefore he is saying that if you return your Fractal product within the return period, Fractal will attempt to keep your money.

I doubt that is an accurate statement. Perhaps something indeed happened to him to delay the return, but to make it seem like Fractal truly attempts to keep money after a product is returned - after 8+ years of selling and returns of products with no similar issues reported - seems like a baseless accusation.

I am so tired of hearing this baloney.............Give it a rest . O course they are human.........But withholding someone's $$ like implied in the orig post is called "illegal" Get it? So many of us feel that FAS is far from a "crooked company"

I will trust the word of fractal over a credit card company any day of the week. I've had more problems with credit card co over the years than I care to even talk About

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of this is a blatant lie. Stranger still is that this transpired back in May. On May 4th the OP requested an RMA and was granted one on May 5th. The unit was received on May 11th. On May 12th his refund was granted. Here is the transaction:

05/12/2015 10:51AM CREDIT $2,499.95 MasterCard ************9259
AuthCode 90531Z
TransID 7171637029

The OP then contacted us saying he hadn't received his refund. We told him that this is common as the credit card companies tend to sit on refunds so they can collect interest (the issuing bank is Citibank and they are among the worst in this regard). He said he would wait seven days and we never heard from him again.

All of this is a blatant lie. Stranger still is that this transpired back in May. On May 4th the OP requested an RMA and was granted one on May 5th. The unit was received on May 11th. On May 12th his refund was granted. Here is the transaction:

AuthCode 90531Z
TransID 7171637029

The OP then contacted us saying he hadn't received his refund. We told him that this is common as the credit card companies tend to sit on refunds so they can collect interest (the issuing bank is Citibank and they are among the worst in this regard). He said he would wait seven days and we never heard from him again.

I have never, ever had a refund on my credit card post immediately. It never happens, no matter who is issuing the refund. Cliff is exactly right. This is simply how credit card companies work. This is in no way Fractal Audio's fault. It's a shame that this kind of negativity is being displayed toward Fractal.

AuthCode 90531Z
TransID 7171637029

Traditionally, I tend to believe people that use facts and documents.
As do most courts.

Sure, but why post about it? I'll ask the OP again: what are you hoping to accomplish from this thread? You got your money back. You're not longer an owner. Is it to warn people off? Vent? Get a little righteous comeuppance?

There's not real reason to post this, as it's posted. Certainly not here.

Because he can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom