Bought a real Wah Wah again today......

Check out Yek's how to's from the Ultra WIKI: always been a great starting point for me to get wah I want. :)

How to deal with: Wah

The Axe-Fx doesn't model specific wah types. It provides the required parameters to dial it in yourself. Suggested settings:
Clyde: Bandpass, Fmin 369, Fmax 2369, Res 4.17, Track 5.08. More info
Morley Bad Horsie: Bandpass, Fmin 301, Fmax 1434, Res 4.37, Track 8.27. More info
Ibanez WH-10: Look here
Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95: Bandpass, Fmin 437, Fmax 2135, Res 5.75, Track 7.99.
Budda: Bandpass, Fmin 350, Fmax 1800, Res 5.75, Track 7.99.

Turn on Auto-engage in the Wah settings to activate the wah automatically when moving the pedal. Use the Off Value parameter to instruct the Axe-Fx when to switch it off. Use a low percentage (5% and up) for the heel-down position and a high percentage (95% and lower) for the toe-down position. The Slow / Medium / Fast setting instructs the Axe-Fx how fast to switch off the wah in that region. Use the Damping parameter in the modifier menu to slow down the response of the expression pedal a little (like 12 ms).

It's not just a sound thing, or a feel of a real wah travel(has nothing to do with Axe Fx...currently have a Boss FV500 and previously had a mission that felt just like a real wah).

The deal is the intimacy of the micro delay from use to sound. It ain't the same and purely an analog type thing I guess. For slowly using wah the axe is fine. But bulls on parade by rage against the machine...axe wah is a no go!

Funny. I play the song every weekend and it works fine!

I got all of my settings from Scott P (v8 i think) and IMO he nailed it. I am not on v10 however.

I have to get more into this magical mystical box. I'm still umbilically tied to my Clyde Deluxe and Area51.

FWIW, the 535Q is such a standard out there, seems infallible.

Back
Top Bottom