Bought a real Wah Wah again today......

The wah didn't work for me until I got a mission expression pedal, works a treat as the sweep is the same as a wah. Add the spring to auto return the pedal to off when you remove you foot and it's perfect, at least for me it is. Those big flat pedals just didn't feel right and it does make a difference. Of course a real wah will always do the job :)

Spence

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The wah didn't work for me until I got a mission expression pedal, works a treat as the sweep is the same as a wah. Add the spring to auto return the pedal to off when you remove you foot and it's perfect, at least for me it is. Those big flat pedals just didn't feel right and it does make a difference. Of course a real wah will always do the job :)

Spence

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've had a mission wah expression. Same issue. Thought the travel is same as a Dunlop for feel.

You can export single blocks?

Not directly.

Select the block in the grid, right click and select Block -> Save Block

Give it a name

Now you can find it in your Workspace-v2 directory under AxeEdit/Effects.

Try to use a unique name for each block as they're only listed in that directory by name, no type information is given to tell you if the block a drive, wah or what not.

To use a downloaded effects block, just drop it back in to that folder and it should show up when you right click on the grid and select Block -> Recall Block. It'll be sorted by its block type in this view.

Here's my current favorite wah block: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/870088/AxeFx/patches/Trey Wah.syx -- used with a Mission expression pedal it feels quick and gives me the right amount of quack and cluck for my use cases.

i think what tremonti's issue is isn't the tone or quality.
if i understand him correctly, to him there's a latency between what his foot feels and what he hears, causing a disconnect in sensation.
i'm not a heavy wah user so haven't noticed this but may just take my wah out of cold storage and do a comparison.

Spence
I had a regular Mission pedal and sold it in favour of the Boss FV500, purely because I couldn't deal with constantly having to tighten the treadle with an Allan key to stop the toe dropping forward. I guess a sprung version would be the answer.

I had a regular Mission pedal and sold it in favour of the Boss FV500, purely because I couldn't deal with constantly having to tighten the treadle with an Allan key to stop the toe dropping forward. I guess a sprung version would be the answer.

Yeah, I had that too.

The spring-loaded version however is mighty fine!

Yeah, I had that too.

The spring-loaded version however is mighty fine!

Ya spring load is what I had and it was nice. But still could never get over latency of movement with digital axe Fx wah. It the ONLY issue I have with my Axe really.

Yek,

It's not a preset. It's just a wah block. Probably why its a much smaller file.

Okay, this worked.

But be careful: after I "recalled" the saved effect block via Axe-Edit, the recalled block replaced my own (global) Wah block settings permanently, even though I did not save the preset after recalling the block. I had to restore my own settings from a backup.

Ya spring load is what I had and it was nice. But still could never get over latency of movement with digital axe Fx wah. It the ONLY issue I have with my Axe really.

So strange, no latency here at all. In fact, some people apply Damping because the pedal acts too fast (such as in Boltrecords' wah block).

Of course, latency can occur with non-default Damping or with radical Slope settings.

Reactions: BMH
So strange, no latency here at all. In fact, some people apply Damping because the pedal acts too fast (such as in Boltrecords' wah block).

Of course, latency can occur with non-default Damping or with radical Slope settings.

Did we ever see a patch from Tremonti with a problematic wah block? I can't recall now.

I know I damp my wah block because tracking is too tight for my preference! :)

Tremonti, if you post a patch you feel the wah is lagging in, we might be able to better guide you.

Yes, I apply damping for that reason ... actually made it feel more like my Cry Baby doing that ... which is why a latency issue is puzzling ...

I had it set for swamp to ice pick with less than a full pedal motion needed, very cool, but not exactly expressive at that point. Just so much you can do with it ... but if it doesn't work for some, I can understand.

Wherever the wah settings are posted (Wiki) for getting the Budwah sound, that was also killer ... worked good with single coils. But I don't have those settings anymore,.

I also use auto engage on all my Axe wahs ... set to fast ...

Not sure if that changes anything or not, but I hate clicking buttons now, I step, I wah, I kick it back, it is off.

Okay, this worked.

But be careful: after I "recalled" the saved effect block via Axe-Edit, the recalled block replaced my own (global) Wah block settings permanently, even though I did not save the preset after recalling the block. I had to restore my own settings from a backup.

That's ugly. If anyone has tried this wah block in a simple preset, would you be kind enough to post? Axe Edit is still giving me the blue screen of death. Thanks.

I also use auto engage on all my Axe wahs ... set to fast ...

Not sure if that changes anything or not, but I hate clicking buttons now, I step, I wah, I kick it back, it is off.

I like to set the auto engage to medium. That way I don't hear it clicking on and off in the middle of a solo when I pull too far back.

Played my 535Q at gig last night and it was evident by all that it sounded better. I used it last night more than I have in a long time because it sounded so good.

Please make a preset with just the wah and share it. From there we can save the preset in a blank slot, and then borrow the wah via effect recall to our own presets. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom