Confirmed Both amp blocks active in Scene 2

rcm78

Experienced
I didnt see this mentioned in the FW 25.00 thread.
I updated my Axe III yesterday to FW 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3), performed an Amp reset to all presets. Most of my personal presets use two amps. On every single dual amp preset both amps were active in scene 2.
Bypassing the proper amp block and saving the preset fixed the issue.

I have my presets backed up so the one posted below is from the previous FW.
The preset was also built in my FM9 on FW6 and transferred to my Axe III. It functioned perfectly before updating to FW 25 PB.

Attachments

• MAIN Bogner.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
confused as to what the issue is.

are you saying in Scene 2, only one amp was on previously, but after the update and resetting amp blocks that 2nd amp was now on and only in Scene 2?

confused as to what the issue is.

are you saying in Scene 2, only one amp was on previously, but after the update and resetting amp blocks that 2nd amp was now on and only in Scene 2?
Thats exactly what I'm saying.

i'll check it out when i'm at the gear.

this could just be a circumstance of the update.

Then shouldn’t both amps be on in every scene? It was only scene 2 that was affected and it was across 20 presets.
Did you reset the amps from Manage Presets in the editor? I think that it's Amp reset is a bit "special" (I haven't tested yet) and maybe this is a bug in the editor.

I'll try to test tomorrow.

Did you reset the amps from Manage Presets in the editor? I think that it's Amp reset is a bit "special" (I haven't tested yet) and maybe this is a bug in the editor.

I'll try to test tomorrow.
Yes, I highlighted one preset to test, control clicked and selected reset amp block. That worked fine so I highlighted every preset and let it go. Took about 15 minutes to cycle through all the presets.
After that, any dual amp preset activated both amp blocks in scene 2.

Ok, confirming this IS a bug in Axe-Edit.

I updated to 1.13.18, created 2 new test presets both with 2 Amp blocks.

In preset 1, Amp 1 is engaged on all scenes and Amp 2 is bypassed in all scenes.

In preset 2, Amp 2 is engaged on all scenes and Amp 1 is bypassed in all scenes.

Go into Manage Presets, select both presets, Reset Amp block.

Now, in preset 1 Amp 2 is engaged but only in scene 1. In preset 2 Amp 1 is engaged but only in scene 1.

Scene 1 is my default scene.

So, the bug appears to be that the Manage Presets Amp Reset doesn't correctly maintain the Bypass state of the Amp block in the default scene.

We definitely need to change the thread prefix back to "BUG".

This is important because many people will probably be using this to reset all their presets.

I will share this with the beta teams.

@Michael Pickens @Admin M@

Ok, confirming this IS a bug in Axe-Edit.

I updated to 1.13.18, created 2 new test presets both with 2 Amp blocks.

In preset 1, Amp 1 is engaged on all scenes and Amp 2 is bypassed in all scenes.

In preset 2, Amp 2 is engaged on all scenes and Amp 1 is bypassed in all scenes.

Go into Manage Presets, select both presets, Reset Amp block.

Now, in preset 1 Amp 2 is engaged but only in scene 1. In preset 2 Amp 1 is engaged but only in scene 1.

Scene 1 is my default scene.

So, the bug appears to be that the Manage Presets Amp Reset doesn't correctly maintain the Bypass state of the Amp block in the default scene.

We definitely need to change the thread prefix back to "BUG".

This is important because many people will probably be using this to reset all their presets.

I will share this with the beta teams.

@Michael Pickens @Admin M@
Thanks for the confirmation. I feel vindicated!

Back
Top Bottom