Boston?

With the Ultra stop playing was hard but now with the Axe-Fx II it's...... IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

Well done! Which amp did you use here? any EQ?

Thanks. It's been awhile, I'd have to see if I still have the preset, as it was a couple of versions back. I do remember doing some EQ'ing to get somewhat close, but never got it to where I wanted it.

Wow - that was awesome! I was in junior high when that album came out and I remember what an impact it had on me. I don't remember being in such awe of tone (with the exception of VH I)... It's funny, I hadn't listened to Boston in quite some time, but "Smokin'" came on the radio a few weeks back and I was blown away at how incredible it was - that organ bit in the middle is just the bomb! Thanks for posting - definitely some good memories of chicks with feathered hair, Camaros and Boones Farm wine.... I feel sad for anyone who didn't grow up in the 70s ;)

sweet! sounds good man. where did you get the backing track!?

Thanks, but I've gotten closer since this post. I'm reworking with the latest firmware to re-post. Got the BT from the old standby, guitarbackingtrack.com.

Last edited:
Is that done with the plexi amp? Best Boston tone I've heard thus far with the Axe's.

Great work!

Thanks for the support. I used the FASModern amp, which I think is very versatile. It still needs some work, so after I mess with it a little more, I'll post the preset. I can't seem to find enough time to spend tweaking presets, so I'm just going for "close enough" :)

This sounds really good!!! Can't wait to hear it in person. ;)

Thanks Tom, I'll post the preset between now and then, and be interested in hearing what tweaks you needed to make with your setup. It's a long way from the original, but I'm having fun with it. I wish someone would do a doubled guitar patch for the lead stuff, I can't seem to get the pitch right.

Back
Top Bottom