Boston tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) If you feel my thinking some of your comments are idiotic is casting aspersions and insults that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I don't give a rats ass if you feel it doesn't make sense to you. I told you my motivation and even apologized if you took it personally. I even acknowledged that I make idiotic statements as well. We all do. We'll, apparently you don't feel you do. So be it.
2) I am not going to get into all the political mumbo jumbo with you and it is absolutely irrelevant where you grew up.
3) Again, I apologized if you took my "attacking" some of your comments as a personal attack. I simply do not agree with them and stated so. I expanded that I felt some of your comments are idiotic but that I do not find you an idiot. If you cannot grasp that concept or accept the apology oh well.
4) I never mentioned a right-left paradigm or guns or hunting.
5) Correct! And you do not know me. At all.

Sorry about the left-right - must've mixed up someone else.

How's this for clarity: you can simply say you DISAGREE with someone's opinions WITHOUT calling them 'idiotic'. Using the term 'Idiotic' MAKES your comment a personal, ad hominem attack. I don't really care what you think either - because you couch everything you say with such venom, but I do care about civil discourse. Calling someone, or something they write on their blog, or here 'idiotic', is ipso-facto, on its face a personal attack. This is... logic and debate 101.

As to NYC and 9-11 - hey, I never tried to deligitimize your experience - you narrowly interpreted what I said to the extent that you missed the point - or artfully merely commited the sin of omission. The point is this: we both experienced 9-11. We both lost friends. Yet my reaction (and those of many of the relatives of those killed) was to condemn the assasination of Bin Laden as something that violates not only the Geneva Convention, but the principles America holds dear. My reaction has been to mourn the loss of our freedoms, privacy, religious tolerance, and civil discourse, the very principles that have made America great when they've held sway, which has, alas been only intermittant, during much of our racist, sexist, violent and jingistic history.

Somehow.. the important stuff seems to have escaped you as you've held on to that rat's ass...

Sorry about the left-right - must've mixed up someone else.

How's this for clarity: you can simply say you DISAGREE with someone's opinions WITHOUT calling them 'idiotic'. Using the term 'Idiotic' MAKES your comment a personal, ad hominem attack. I don't really care what you think either - because you couch everything you say with such venom, but I do care about civil discourse. Calling someone, or something they write on their blog, or here 'idiotic', is ipso-facto, on its face a personal attack. This is... logic and debate 101.

As to NYC and 9-11 - hey, I never tried to deligitimize your experience - you narrowly interpreted what I said to the extent that you missed the point - or artfully merely commited the sin of omission. The point is this: we both experienced 9-11. We both lost friends. Yet my reaction (and those of many of the relatives of those killed) was to condemn the assasination of Bin Laden as something that violates not only the Geneva Convention, but the principles America holds dear. My reaction has been to mourn the loss of our freedoms, privacy, religious tolerance, and civil discourse, the very principles that have made America great when they've held sway, which has, alas been only intermittant, during our racist, sexist, violent and jingistic hostory.

Somehow.. the important stuff seems to have escaped you as you've held on to that rat's ass...

Enough already. I apologized twice and you obviously cannot accept it. If I used an inappropriate adjective or one you feel demeans your holier than though (pun intended :)) persona oh well. Neither you nor I know what happened in that room in Pakistan and there are even conflicting stories from the members that were there so I find your condemnation irrelevant. And for someone who is so sensitive to the use of ONE adjective you sure have no issues pointing fingers at many around you.

I'll tell you what. I will foot the bill for your plane ticket to Kabul and you can stand on a street corner and read or post your views all you want about how terrible we Americans have become.

You can also have the last word as I am done discussing this. PM me if you wish to take me up on the offer.

Later...

Last edited:
I also apologize to the forum members as I was not even myself able to adhere to the comments I made about honoring Cliffs request and most certainly detracted from the original intent of the thread which was to share concerns for those who suffered most yesterday.

Idiotic on my part to say the least...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom