Boss SY-1

Of course the “big” issue with this pedal is the race to see who gets the iconic pop hit out first, using one of those cool sequenced modes, because that song is then going to go down in history as the “classic” SY-1 effect, and anyone else who uses that setting is just copying that sound....

So hurry up and make use of the new sounds before they become cliche due to 100’s of guitarist all doing the same thing with the pedal lol
Akin to how The Edge basically made the Korg A3 off limits because everybody now thinks 'Mysterious Ways'?

Then again who still listens to guitar music these days? Not the general audience, that's for sure. ;)

In terms of synth voice architecture, I'm not hearing anything an Axe-Fx can't do, and I do hear a little glitching.

Probably. But as with a lot of very unique sounds, with the II at least, that means dedicating a whole preset to that sound. Whereas sometimes its just more convenient to run a pedal or unit for crazy sounds in the effects loop as part of your regular preset.

Speaking of midi controller switch/loopers, is there any other game in down than the gizmo? I’m using outs 3 and 4 for loops but would really like something with more room to grow and also patch in some stuff before the inputs.

Would be thrilled to find something by Mooer or similar brands for like $89 but perhaps that is just wishful thinking....

Voodoo Lab HEX. I use one in my rig. Works flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom