Boss GT8's Vibrato effect on Axe FX

Gong8659

Inspired
Hi, I'm translating all my boss gt8 patches onto axe fx. I'm looking for an effect module akin to the one on GT8 (named Vibrato) which basically goes down half a semitone, then back to zero, then up a semitone in microtones at a specified rate.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

You could use 3 presets, one for each semitone and tapdance like crazy. Or you could use two pitcheffects in the same presets and turn them on and off with the effectswitch... (......) and tapdance like crazy :D

Or the more boring serious approach: You could tie some lfo-automationthing to the pitch effect or something. Hell I don't know how to do this do i, no I don't. Crap.

I think this is doable with the normal vibratothingie? hmm.

Okay I got it! :) The ease of axe fx experimentation has helped me to find it. The inventiveness of this rack is going to replace the female rack. I think that's why the Mayans are claiming the end of the world.

Cobrango, Tap dance? Are you serious? If I could pedal dance that fast..... Hey, does anyone else wonder why there isn't a pedal dancing guitarist contest or world record? I mean I'd be interested in seeing that, wouldn't you? Oh wait off topic.

The vibrato effect is in Flanger!! Low Depth, high Rate, relatively low feedback, high tempo.

Use the advanced whammy with an lfo tied to control and set the max and min to whatever you want

I've never tried it, but it occurs to me that you might be able to used the advanced whammy setting the range to +1/-1 and then attaching the whammy itself to an LFO.

Oops...what he said above. He got it out faster than I.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help :) I have to say it's nice being on this side of the forum instead of perpetually on the WTB section for almost 2 years lol.

My next mission: Bi phase!!!!

I thought there was a stock vibrato patch. Couldn't you also use a chorus block and set the mix so you only get the wet signal - like the old Boss vibrato pedals?

Okay I got it! :) The ease of axe fx experimentation has helped me to find it. The inventiveness of this rack is going to replace the female rack. I think that's why the Mayans are claiming the end of the world.

Cobrango, Tap dance? Are you serious? If I could pedal dance that fast..... Hey, does anyone else wonder why there isn't a pedal dancing guitarist contest or world record? I mean I'd be interested in seeing that, wouldn't you? Oh wait off topic.

The vibrato effect is in Flanger!! Low Depth, high Rate, relatively low feedback, high tempo.

What is this "serious"? :) Funny thing is, I know about all of the examples above but I could not come up with anything when I wrote my last post.

I've used the whammy and found out about that. I'm also interested in that magic vibratoflangerchorusthingie because my voxad120vt has got this amazing chorus and I think I've found it in the axe-fx. It's that digital thingie making the chorus go "uu-UU-uu-UU" :p :) :p

I dialed in a nice vibrato using the Chorus, and using the Vibrato in the Line 6 M5 as reference.
Ill look up the settings tomorrow.

I found the patch I was thinking of. It's one of Smilefan's patches called True Vibrato. It uses a bandpass filter. I can load it in Axe-Edit here, but can't play through it until I get home. :)

I would love to have the Boss GT8 slicer effect in the Axe. I know it's possible to program it using the trem block controlled by the sequencer but it's too much of a hassle for me ;)

No, tie the sequencer to a volume block. Both the level and the pan. And a filter. Control the filter with an lfo. Sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom