Boost Switch

One downside to changing levels in the Output block is that it also changes the volume of Reverb and Delay trails. This can sound weird, which is why it's often recommended to add your boost after the amp (or on Level of the Amp) and before your ambient effects.
This. Placing the boost in front of effects that have trails will almost always sound more natural.

I do it through my output block and utilize the channels feature. Channel A is left alone. On Channel B i add a 2.5 db boost. Then i set up a foot switch to toggle between channel A and B. It’s worked perfect for me - especially since i don’t have ANY room to add more blocks on my kitchen sink preset!
You can split your kitchen sink (a very common thing in Arizona, actually) by using a send/return, as I do in this preset:

5E3 Tplt1A.syx (right-click and save as if you get a screen full of gibberish)

This lets you have more room to add stuff, including a block for volume control before your delays and reverbs. In this particular preset, the volume boost in the VolPan is done with help from Scene Controller #1, so that the scenes can tweak the knob for you as appropriate. Simply change this to any controller you wish to use if you wish to manually control boost....

Last edited:
You can split your kitchen sink (a very common thing in Arizona, actually) by using a send/return, as I do in this preset:

5E3 Tplt1A.syx (right-click and save as if you get a screen full of gibberish)

This lets you have more room to add stuff, including a block for volume control before your delays and reverbs. In this particular preset, the volume boost in the VolPan is done with help from Scene Controller #1, so that the scenes can tweak the knob for you as appropriate. Simply change this to any controller you wish to use if you wish to manually control boost....
I do that - i meant i don’t have any more cpu to add more blocks.

In days of yore I only had two options: 1) use the guitar volume pot 2) signal the sound guy :D
In your days of yore, perhaps, but you're not taking into account that my days of yore might not be the same days as your days of yore.

Back in my day, we had FX loops and could put an EQ pedal in there to achieve boost. Downhill, both ways. :D

Back
Top Bottom