Bogner XTC 20th real VS Axe fx Model

The axe part is the first one, and the amp part is second of course.
I also find that the second part is a little bit more dynamic, mids are a little bit fuller.
funny that you say that. I actually find the mids on the first part to be fuller. almost to much (for my taste) in comparison to the second clip. both sounding just fine though.

Mmmh fuller is not the better word for this.
But I think that the second part is more raw in the mids, but it could come with the less compressed feeling

Only downside is in 10 years what will the axe be worth and what will the xtc be worth?

Over 10 years I'll say the Axe will have been worth thousands to me in chiropractor visits I haven't made and hearing aids I haven't bought. That and the fact that it's finally stopped me from buying amps. That's worth thousands more both in dollars spend and time saved. The last amp I bought was the most recent handwired AC15 which is a fantastic sounding amp and I took it back because I realized it's "one more amp I'll under utilize" because I use the Axe for almost everything. OTOH if you need those sounds, it was one of the most killer touch responsive amps I've played and really versatile because of the different gain levels you can get with it, WAY better than most AC15s. Everybody who heard it loved it and every guitar plugged in sounded great.

In 10 years I could get hit by somebody driving while texting, get cancer, etc. It's hard to know what things will be worth in 10 years. I would've said that about some Fender amps I have, but their value has dropped if anything (and their use value has dropped to me because I mostly don't use them).

Given how close they sound I would have to say that you have the same model XTC as I do, complete with the weird pot tapers.

The Euro Red has always been one of my favorites, even on the Ultra.
It's cool I leaned more to the AxeFx version in Tonic's comparison B)

Curious....
If you change the PWR AMP TYPE in Euro Red Vintage from Tetrode to Pentode, would it essentially be an XTC 100B?
Alternatively, if you done the same with the Euro Red Modern, would it essentially be an XTC 101B?

Well I use it with the Ownhammer Bogner Cab 12M-RI Aux A Ambient and it sounds with my Sennheiser HD 380 pro headphones incredible - can't wait to try out loud on the weekend - thanks and in Your clip there is almost no difference to hear. I love it.:D

The Euro Red has always been one of my favorites, even on the Ultra.
It's cool I leaned more to the AxeFx version in Tonic's comparison B)

Curious....
If you change the PWR AMP TYPE in Euro Red Vintage from Tetrode to Pentode, would it essentially be an XTC 100B?
Alternatively, if you done the same with the Euro Red Modern, would it essentially be an XTC 101B?

Yeah thats a good question.

TBH I really loved how the real XTC sounded on mid gain......

Agreed, for me it has a sort of glassy chime to it that is missing in the first clip, could easily be a simple tweak of the tone but it's something that I've found missing when trying to dial in tones with the Axe when compared to another modeler that I own. That being said, they both sound awesome :)

A couple years ago, a guy brought an XTC to an AxeFx get-together. After a few minutes of dialing in, we couldn't tell the difference when running through the same cab.

Agreed, for me it has a sort of glassy chime to it that is missing in the first clip, could easily be a simple tweak of the tone but it's something that I've found missing when trying to dial in tones with the Axe when compared to another modeler that I own. That being said, they both sound awesome :)

Yes I think it could be tweaked to have a similar tone.
But I'm agree that's easier on the real amp to have that dynamic and that crunchier mids.
I think that the only differences are when I play with my guitar volume.
The amp seems to be thinner than the Axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom