Bogner XTC 20th real VS Axe fx Model

Tonic

Inspired
Hi!

Here is a quick comparaison of the Red Channel Modern of the XTC 20th Bogner.
Could you find the real one in this clip?

XTC 20th Comparaison by Tonicstudio on SoundCloud - Hear the world

The real Bogner is the line out in the Axe fx 2 rear input with a single preset with IR and Delay, reverb.
The Red modern Euro model is the same preset with my guitar direct in the axe fx 2 input front.
I think that the axe fx 2 sounds really good, no need in using the real amp anymore.
Keep in mind that the 20th XTC worth alone more than the Axe fx 2 with a MFC foot controller and now I have more than 100 amps with it!
I can feel or hear some differences but I have changed the preamp tubes some time ago so that difference should come of that swap of tubes.
Other than that it would be not possible to hear a difference in a mix.

Have a nice day ;)

I would say the better one to me is the 1st clip .Which you would think is the amp But I am always wrong so I will say AX 1st

1.st clip sounds like what i got with my axe today (actually Cameron with my LP), but neither sound more real... Both sound killer. IMHO....

Both sound great but I am guessing that the first one is a real XTC and the second is Axe fx. I have never played a real one before but that's what my ears are telling me.

Second one sounded better to me. A little more dynamic and open. I did raise the volume slightly so it was equal with the first though.

I like better first part. It's a bit more agressive. It has the crack... ;)
Not that second part is bad... they are both awesome tone! :)

The axe part is the first one, and the amp part is second of course.
I also find that the second part is a little bit more dynamic, mids are a little bit fuller.
But it can be tweaked easily (i have kept the same settings on amp and model for this recording).
I find that the Axe model sounds bigger and richer too than the real amp.
So I think that the Axe FX is really the best piece of gear I have at home ;)

That's awesome. It's just a testament to how great the Axe Fx 2 really is!

What kind of guitar did you use? Mind sharing the preset? :)

Hmmm first one sounds better to me, listened yesterday before I knew the answer, could be a volume thing like Cliff said.

Yeah I think that the first one is bigger sounding than the real amp.
So no need for use the XTC for gigs or studio.
Volume is different but it's difficult to have exactly the same waveform.
The Axe FX sounds more powerful to me.

Patch is really simple but I could share it if you want.
You just need the AX and the TV IR's 121 royer from the producer pack to sound the same.
I'll share it later.

Yes of course!

I'll never sell any of my tube amps but at this time it's so fun to play with the axe fx, effects are really good and in ten years they will be the same ;)

Thanks!
It's only an american strat Fender with Timmons Di Marzio pickups with a simple preset on the Axe FX 2

Back
Top Bottom