BlueAmps Cabinets

I have Cubo and Elis8. Both are very good, and even better together. If you want to test it, come to Rzeszów.
Miło widzieć na forum kolegę z Polski :) Niestety jestem z Pomorza, troszkę daleko do Rzeszowa ale dziękuję bardzo za propozycję :) Mam RedSound MF10 i też jestem zadowolony wiec jak dorzucę do tego jakies Blueamp to pęwnie będzie sztosik :)

The studio monitors give you the (stereo) details, the FRFR cab the cab in the room feeling of an normal amp, both together give you "CD" quality not just "tape" quality like in past with normal amps. I play on bedroom volume level because of my damaged ears and it's better than in the past 30 years. It's a three way speaker concept, the cab as subwoofer with the ability to support the studio monitors with higher frequencies when you step away from the studio monitors. But you need to tweak the cab to sound like the studio monitors with the EQ. Just see my "crazy" settings for these speaker (compare the speaker datasheet) for low volume - For higher volume you need the decrease it:
I used to play on three-way speakers. I have very good memories with them. I think I'll go back and add studio monitors to them and see what the effect will be. Thanks for the tip :)

I don’t know what HP means?
Yes - SUPER high quality and I think most of not all parts are from Germany and pretty eco friendly which is cool. Built like a tank, and most importantly sounds amazing. My search is over for sure

Could be the French abbreviation for "haute-parleur", which is the French term for loudspeaker....

I used to play on three-way speakers. I have very good memories with them. I think I'll go back and add studio monitors to them and see what the effect will be. Thanks for the tip :)
But I don't use the hifi 3way speakers, I simulate a 3 way speaker with the studio monitors and the cab. Just a mix, nothing special.

What do you prefer?
in terms of sound, all 3 suit me and the small variations between the different solutions are easy to correct with an EQ.
My choice will be made on other criteria.
Today I have a preference for the GRGuitar which is really lighter and that matters a lot to me.

-The GRGuitar is the most powerful of the 3 and the least heavy but has no correction just a volume adjustment.
-The CUBO is heavier than the GRGuitar and a little less powerful, it has an optional 3-band EQ and a volume control.
-The GSS+Celestion F12-X200 is the least powerful of the 3 since in this configuration it offers 100W/8 ohms, the small GSS amp is mono and has a 3-band correction, it's my spare amp!

I bought a used Cubo EX on eBay. Looks like new and comes with 3-band EQ and protective case. I also ordered a speaker tilter so that it plays into my ears and not into the back of my knees.
I first tested them in my home studio and compared them with my active NUBERT nuPro A300 monitors (German manufacturer), my Laney LFR-112 FRFR, which I have been playing for a while, and the sound of my Beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones. I noticed that the bass and low-mid range sounded much cleaner in reference to the Laney; I had to boldly intervene with the Global EQ on the Laney.
However, I am a bit disappointed with the CUBO EX treble reproduction; my studio monitors and headphones sound much more transparent here. The Laney also performs better here. I tested here with Fractal FM3 and with music playback at medium volumes. The EQ in the Cubo was set linearly, but even when I turn up the treble control, the crisp, silky quality that I want is missing. Especially with Edge of Break sounds with a Strat and new strings or Music Playback.
I would now be interested to know whether you have had similar experiences or whether the tweeters (CUBO EX has 4x 2-way coax chassis installed) are perhaps defective and, if so, whether they can be replaced.

I bought a used Cubo EX on eBay. Looks like new and comes with 3-band EQ and protective case. I also ordered a speaker tilter so that it plays into my ears and not into the back of my knees.
I first tested them in my home studio and compared them with my active NUBERT nuPro A300 monitors (German manufacturer), my Laney LFR-112 FRFR, which I have been playing for a while, and the sound of my Beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones. I noticed that the bass and low-mid range sounded much cleaner in reference to the Laney; I had to boldly intervene with the Global EQ on the Laney.
However, I am a bit disappointed with the CUBO EX treble reproduction; my studio monitors and headphones sound much more transparent here. The Laney also performs better here. I tested here with Fractal FM3 and with music playback at medium volumes. The EQ in the Cubo was set linearly, but even when I turn up the treble control, the crisp, silky quality that I want is missing. Especially with Edge of Break sounds with a Strat and new strings or Music Playback.
I would now be interested to know whether you have had similar experiences or whether the tweeters (CUBO EX has 4x 2-way coax chassis installed) are perhaps defective and, if so, whether they can be replaced.
That's a bit concerning, as I'm literally expecting my Cubo to arrive.
I bought the boss boss bas-1 as a tilter...

I´m perfectly happy with my Cubo-Ex. With the right IR you sound as bright as a Marshall ore a Fender. Definitly! Maybe @Petrocelli was looking for a very good PA-Sound. I´m looking for a amp-like amplification. Cubo-Ex is a really really great amp! No regrets here. @maorgr , congrats for your dicision.

Attachments

• 20240220_180734.jpg
    20240220_180734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Possibly this supports my experience, you need to mix both worlds (studio monitors and 12" FRFR speakers) for "bedroom volume" level. See me posts before. Just give it a try ...

Possibly this supports my experience, you need to mix both worlds (studio monitors and 12" FRFR speakers) for "bedroom volume" level. See me posts before. Just give it a try ...
Everybody needs his own cup of tee, but my experience especially with the cubo is, it sounds great at low volumes. I owned a blue amps spark, and I needed always a little mid-scoop. The cubo has that nice highs I only know from my Mesa Mk. IV, the best bedroom amp ever (now I´m looking forward to sell it, because I´m so happy with the cubo ex)

Back
Top Bottom