Blocks Guide v4.1

That’s kind of exactly what the blocks guide is, but I suppose I could summarize it.

Yes the detail in each block guide is superb, but would like to see a “Time based effects” intro section that gives a high level summary of the differences in sounds that each delay block can be used for (maybe with some well know song examples as you’ve noted in the wah section). The user would then know which delay block section of the manual to go to to get more details.

Heya @Admin M@, thanks as always for keeping the documentation so awesome.

Not sure if it was mentioned before (or already noted on your end for the next update), but reading through the Drive section just now I saw a slight misattribution in the Drive Block drive types description, so I figured I might as well flag it for your attention in case not:

Compulsion Dist HP Based on the Horizon DevicesTM OCD in High Pass mode
Compulsion Dist LP Based on the Horizon DevicesTM OCD in Low Pass mode

Also noticed Timothy 1 and 2 are mentioned, but not Timothy 3

reading through the Drive section just now I saw a slight misattribution
That's fixed now. The Compulsion is based on a Fulltone™ OCD. And as always (super fast radio announcer voice: Manufacturer names and product names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated with or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems, LLC. The names are used only to illustrate sonic and performance characteristics.)

Yes the detail in each block guide is superb, but would like to see a “Time based effects” intro section that gives a high level summary of the differences in sounds that each delay block can be used for (maybe with some well know song examples as you’ve noted in the wah section). The user would then know which delay block section of the manual to go to to get more details.
Yes, I have been doing a bit of a deep dive in the chorus block these days, and I must admit that I am still quite confused as to how depth, delay, phase, phase reverse, with sand other parameters interact. It is also unclear to me how the different models differ. Do they all use the same algo with different parameters or are they different.

I think some sort of visual illustration would help my understanding.

Is this the right place to note typos or omissions, or ask questions for clarifications, @Admin M@ ? I have a (relatively short) list of such issues.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom