Blend 2 factory cabs to save DSP

strabes

Experienced
Vendor
I typically blend a couple IRs together (ribbon + dynamic) by picking them in the cab block, but I'm maxing out the DSP on the FM9 running 2 amps and 2 cab blocks (both hard panned) along with the other stuff on my presets. Aside from shooting my own IR of just the cab block with the 2 cabs loaded up, is there another way to capture 2 IRs together so I could stick to a single cab block? Figured this would be possible with cab lab 3 but that's not available for purchase any more. And I don't want to go back to the full Axe-FX III as the FM9 is just too convenient.

The factory cabs cannot be exported for use in cab lab. You need either .wav or .cab files to mix them.

A 3rd party IR capture utility or plugin would work like ruso said.

I typically blend a couple IRs together (ribbon + dynamic) by picking them in the cab block, but I'm maxing out the DSP on the FM9 running 2 amps and 2 cab blocks (both hard panned) along with the other stuff on my presets. Aside from shooting my own IR of just the cab block with the 2 cabs loaded up, is there another way to capture 2 IRs together so I could stick to a single cab block? Figured this would be possible with cab lab 3 but that's not available for purchase any more. And I don't want to go back to the full Axe-FX III as the FM9 is just too convenient.

It's pretty easy to shoot an IR of a cab block. Just use MLSTool and put input/output blocks around the cab block. You won't find a simpler method than that and I no longer use Impulse Response Utility for that reason. Especially so on the FM9 where you have no tone match block.

It's pretty easy to shoot an IR of a cab block. Just use MLSTool and put input/output blocks around the cab block. You won't find a simpler method than that and I no longer use Impulse Response Utility for that reason. Especially so on the FM9 where you have no tone match block.
Thanks, just captured one IR of each cab block. Turned off the EQ & preamp beforehand. Working great. MLSTool makes it super easy with the auto crop feature.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 7.12.37 AM.png

What settings do I need to setup in MLSTool for USB audio ? I cant seem to get any signal to USB Input on the AXEFX grid, thanks.

1689424677849.png

1689424743205.png

Back
Top Bottom