Cab Export ?

df88

Is there any way to export a CAB with custom settings (spkr size, mic, priximity, etc.) to a new user cab file? So the affected settings will become the standard sound of the user cab? Similiar to the EXPORT function on a TMA block?

It would be a great feature if not already one. You could also mix two cabs down to one, then load into a user cab and have stereo for the mixed cab.

AFAIK it can't be done "à la TMA" way. But Global Blocks could help.

EDIT: Actually, I might be done like this :

- record the AMP + CAB with custom settings
- replace the CAB with the TMA block
- use the recording as the reference for the TMA
- do the TONE MATCH.
- export from TMA to USER CAB

Thought I am not sure it can do a good match, since I understood (maybe wrongly) that the TMA was to overcome 10-20% missing in term of closeness to the looked after tone. So it might be to much to ask it to do more. Further the TONE MATCH is likely to be inflenced by the AMP type and settings used.

Last edited:
Well you can use the tone match block to tone match a mix of factory cabs and their settings then export the tonematch data to a usercab, exactly what you needed ;)

AFAIK it can't be done "à la TMA" way. But Global Blocks could help.

EDIT: Actually, I might be done like this :

- record the AMP + CAB with custom settings
- replace the CAB with the TMA block
- use the recording as the reference for the TMA
- do the TONE MATCH.
- export from TMA to USER CAB

Thought I am not sure it can do a good match, since I understood (maybe wrongly) that the TMA was to overcome 10-20% missing in term of closeness to the looked after tone. So it might be to much to ask it to do more. Further the TONE MATCH is likely to be inflenced by the AMP type and settings used.

inaccurate and complicated, sorry - there`s a better way ... , let`s change the trigger-signal from "two times guitar playing" to simultan use of the identical testtone, like a sine sweep does...

Well you can use the tone match block to tone match a mix of factory cabs and their settings then export the tonematch data to a usercab, exactly what you needed ;)

Right:

Place a Synth Block and connect output parallel to 1) your Cab Block (Reference) and 2) a Filter Block (Local). Pan Output of the Ca Block to right and the filter Block to left (that`s the only reason, we need it, rest should be default = null filter = no change in tone).

Behind these two blocks feed the outputs of them to a TMA block:

- set to ONLINE or LIVE (did forget te name, so NOT OFFLINE)
- Average time: Peak Hold
- Res.: High
- Block input Reference -> right, Local -> left

Synth Block:
- set off: voice 1 & 2
- Voice 3: Sine, Track Off, Filter 20000Hz
- connect Frequency to Modifier -> LFO

= Now in fact, you`ve created a Sine-Sweep (like it`s used for IR-Capturing). This is the testone for frequency-response measurement.

Do a tonematch and export the tonematch as User Cab. Do A/B test. If you did it right, your new User Cab will sound 100% exactly like the Cab, you have customized.

Note: Room simulation can`t be captured.

The same way you can Mix Cabs, add EQing,etc ... and Tonematch the result as new User Cab.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty neat solution. I'll give it a try.

I'am not so used with the synth block. What's the difference between voice 1 & 2 and voice 3 ? No filter on voice 3 ?

The manual (9.01) does not seem to talk much about voice 3:
5.30 Synth [SYN]
The Axe-Fx II Synth block contains a 3-voice monophonic
synthesizer that can be used as a tone generator or to track the
pitch of your playing for synth leads with a guitar or other
instrument. Each voice has its own resonant filter and may be set
to produce any of seven different oscillator waveforms. The global
ADSRs or LFOs may be used to modulate a variety of functions.
Each Axe-Fx II preset can use two fully independent Synth blocks.
Parameters
Each synth has two voices with the following parameters:
TYPE – Sets the waveform to Sine, Triangle, Square, Sawtooth, Random, White Noise, Pink Noise, or OFF.
(Setting a synth voice to OFF helps conserve CPU usage).
TRACK – Selects the type of input tracking.
 OFF – Allows the frequency and level to be set manually via the FREQ and LEVEL controls.
 ENV ONLY – Selects the level to be controlled by the envelope while frequency is set manually.
 PITCH+ENV – Selects the frequency and level to be controlled by the pitch and envelope of the input.
FREQ – If input tracking is set to “OFF” or “ENV ONLY,” this parameter sets the oscillator frequency.
SHIFT – Shifts the frequency of the oscillator up or down in semitone steps.
TUNE – Detunes the oscillator slightly. The oscillator can be detuned +/- 50 cents.
DUTY – When using the TRIANGLE or SQUARE waveforms, this parameter controls the symmetry or pulse
width of the waveform.
LEVEL – Controls the output level of the oscillator.
PAN – Controls the panning of the oscillator.
FILTER – Sets the cutoff frequency of a low-pass filter after the oscillator.
Q – Sets the Q or resonance of the post-oscillator filter.
ATTACK – Sets the attack time of the envelope follower on the input.

Voice 3 is the only one with bandwidth from 20Hz - 20KHz (when Filter open to max = 20KHz; voice 1&2 have only a bandwidth from 40Hz - 4000Hz). As Cliff implement this, he mentioned this was the reason to do so (for best testones ... ).

Also: Lower the default LFO Rate to 0.5 or so ... a bit accurater results ... when matching: wait, till the frequencys did not change anymore ... (Peak HOLD!). Use the "Up" Button to start simultaneous and presst Enter to stop and match simultaneous.

Same way you can match every live-signal with most accurate results, IMHO. Sine-Sweep from Synth Block + LFO (voice 3) plus TMA Block: BIG TIME! You will note, that this Dual FFT Analyzing method will give you results, that are dead on and very easy to realize.

Sorry for digging this up but i can't find a better IR than factory number 62 (4x12 V30), except some frequencies annoy me so i decided to tonematch it and maybe EQ it...
Anyway, here is the template preset i used for tonematching, i thought it could be useful for some of you.
It consists of 3 scenes :
- Scene 1 is the resulting tonematched sound
- Scene 2 is the factory cab original sound
- Scene 3 is the one you must set to capture another factory cab IR, where both Cab and direct sounds are transmietted to TMA block (reference in right and direct synth sound is left as mentionned in earlier Morphosis post).

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Factory Cab ToneMatch - by AlGrenadine

It could also be very useful for CabLab users that may want to mix factory cabs ;)

Last note : For those who'd like to EQ factory cabs, they can be converted to WAV files with this wonderful tool : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ts-new-syx-cab-ir-format-into-wav-format.html

Sorry for digging this up but i can't find a better IR than factory number 62 (4x12 V30), except some frequencies annoy me so i decided to tonematch it and maybe EQ it...
Anyway, here is the template preset i used for tonematching, i thought it could be useful for some of you.
It consists of 3 scenes :
  • Scene 1 is the resulting tonematched sound
  • Scene 2 is the factory cab original sound
  • Scene 3 is the one you must set to capture another factory cab IR, where both Cab and direct sounds are transmietted to TMA block (reference in right and direct synth sound is left as mentionned in earlier Morphosis post).

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Factory Cab ToneMatch - by AlGrenadine

It could also be very useful for CabLab users that may want to mix factory cabs ;)

Last note : For those who'd like to EQ factory cabs, they can be converted to WAV files with this wonderful tool : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ts-new-syx-cab-ir-format-into-wav-format.html

Is that converter still available somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom