Blank screen and no sound - again..

I've used the CAT Connection for a couple of years, never had one issue.
AXE II and MFC first edition.

I never use stereo cabs, I generally use 2 mono cabs with different irs.. Not saying your theory is incorrect, but still, lockup might have to do with excessive cpu overload maybe?? I do have a few patches that go up to 91% or so..
Btw, a couple weeks ago I've replaced the cat5 cable with a midi cable and I had no problem until last gig 2 days ago, when the blank screen / no sound happened again (don't know if that's the cause or it's a choincidence, but it happened when i went up from song 62 to song 1 as opposed to down from 62 to 1)

Interesting. Thanks for responding!!

I never use stereo cabs, I generally use 2 mono cabs with different irs.. Not saying your theory is incorrect, but still, lockup might have to do with excessive cpu overload maybe?? I do have a few patches that go up to 91% or so..

Good job on trying to isolate the issue, does the freezing happen on a particular preset or any of the 90%+ presets? If so, maybe try pulling your Compressor blocks from those to save some CPU.

In the past few gigs with the AFX II MI and MFC-101 M2, I have had one of these issues. My own personal findings was from the scene transitions and X/Y parameters boosted the CPU to about 91% and it flipped out. Once recreating that same exact preset and removing the COMP block, all was well and I have not had an issue since.

Hope you find out the issue mate!

Reactions: edo
Thanks for the advice, however I don't use the comp block that much (I only use it in 2 or 3 presets out of the 63 presets I'm currently using). Most of my presets use 2 amp / cab blocks, 2 delay blocks, 2 drive blocks, 1 reverb block and one multidelay block, and that's about it.
The blank screen issue happens randomly, I am not sure it has to do with higher cpu patches as most of my presets use 83-88%, and only a couple (literally 2 or 3) use 89-91

This happened to me a few weeks ago in the middle of a gig. Suddenly no sound and blank screen. My AxeFX 2 and MFC has been a work horse for years with never a problem. I wired a pass-thru ethercon adapter to my pedal board and back of my rack and had a ruggedized cable made that gets stepped on all night long. I check my patches and the highest CPU usage is 89%.

I play over 100 shows a year and reliability is paramount so I bought an FM3 and FC6 (OMG9). Sadly, I can’t get the same sound quality from the FM3. I can’t risk using the Axe2 without knowing for sure what caused the outage and the FM3 isn’t really cutting it.

I’ll probably try ordering another cable and bring the FM3 as a backup unless someone has a better idea 😞

This happened to me a few weeks ago in the middle of a gig. Suddenly no sound and blank screen. My AxeFX 2 and MFC has been a work horse for years with never a problem. I wired a pass-thru ethercon adapter to my pedal board and back of my rack and had a ruggedized cable made that gets stepped on all night long. I check my patches and the highest CPU usage is 89%.

I play over 100 shows a year and reliability is paramount so I bought an FM3 and FC6 (OMG9). Sadly, I can’t get the same sound quality from the FM3. I can’t risk using the Axe2 without knowing for sure what caused the outage and the FM3 isn’t really cutting it.

I’ll probably try ordering another cable and bring the FM3 as a backup unless someone has a better idea 😞
Wow. I'm stunned that you can't get a good tone out of the FM-3. Each generation of Fractal gear has been progressively easier to dial in.

Try starting a new thread. Piggybacking on a thread that's been dead for six years isn't going to get you many views. :)

Unfortunately, this is the only thread I could find that describes the issue I experienced. It seems there was never a solid resolution or fix

Unfortunately, this is the only thread I could find that describes the issue I experienced. It seems there was never a solid resolution or fix
A couple of thoughts:

1) Try starting a new thread. More people will see your post.

2) Try contacting Fractal support.

Computers crash. We are in an exceptionally high period of sunspot activity right now which makes crashing more common. My Macbook Pro crashed last night.

If you are in a high-reliability situation then you should employ a redundant backup with switching capability. All pro touring acts use this technique.

Coronal Mass Ejections are pretty terrifying. Yay, another possibly civilization ending scenario to worry about...

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom