Better than friedman and 5150 on axefx?

Hey

I mean too much space for those Axes 5-band eq sliders ,if you compare to Mesa Boogie Mark series 5-band eq. If you are moving sliders lets say like 750hz slider up and down ,you have too much moving range/space for that slider compare to original Mark series 5-band. Its hard to find sweet spots ,if you have more range/space for move

that slider. Original Mark series 5-band sliders have less space/range for those sliders and its way more easy to adjust and find sweet spots ,because moving range/space for those sliders are not huge like Axes sliders are.

Hi, yes i meant the five band eq. And what do you mean with too much space? Do you mean that it has more influence on the tone than the real thing when set to the minimum or maximum settings? So should we avoid extreme settings?

Hey

I mean too much space for those Axes 5-band eq sliders ,if you compare to Mesa Boogie Mark series 5-band eq. If you are moving sliders lets say like 750hz slider up and down ,you have too much moving range/space for that slider compare to original Mark series 5-band. Its hard to find sweet spots ,if you have more range/space for move

that slider. Original Mark series 5-band sliders have less space/range for those sliders and its way more easy to adjust and find sweet spots ,because moving range/space for those sliders are not huge like Axes sliders are.

The EQ has 0.02 dB resolution. If you need finer than that there's something wrong with you.

Hey

That EQ Resolution ,is good and fine i know that. But i did not get same results without tone matching original 5-band eq ,if i was set those Axes sliders almost identical like original was. Like i was say it was very hard ,and i was give up. And i tone matching those ,and now its dead on correct like i was have in early days. If those Axes 5-band sliders will have less space/range ,i think it would be way more easy to use. Because less moving range/space for sliders will affect tone more in little changes ,and sweet spots is little bit more easy to find then.

The EQ has 0.02 dB resolution. If you need finer than that there's something wrong with you.

Hey

That EQ Resolution ,is good and fine i know that. But i did not get same results without tone matching original 5-band eq ,if i was set those Axes sliders almost identical like original was. Like i was say it was very hard ,and i was give up. And i tone matching those ,and now its dead on correct like i was have in early days. If those Axes 5-band sliders will have less space/range ,i think it would be way more easy to use. Because less moving range/space for sliders will affect tone more in little changes ,and sweet spots is little bit more easy to find then.

Hey

I disagree.

Hey

The range is the same actually. Mesa MK IV eQ is +/- 12dB as well as Axe FX II 5-band eQ. Once I understood this, you get the mark sound working. I did new tonematch comparisons with real MK IV and the TM eQ was pretty much flat...

It just "feels" different on a real MK eQ because the knobs are really "aggressive" when you move them, like at the first upper line you have about +6-7dB and between the lines around +3db. If you like to scoop the 750hz band near the bottom line it's like -9db in axe fx.

This clip is real MK IV vs Axe FX USA Lead+ with exactly same settings on both. I can't see/hear any reason for tonematching since they're this close. Can you tell wich one is real and AXE FX II?

Last edited:
To my surprise I am actually liking the PVH 6160 for my lead tones, running through my 2x12 Greenback cab. I experimented with my FRFR cab for quite some time, but was having weird resonance issues and was fighting with my tones everyday. Not sure why, but after enough frustration, I ended up running it to my traditional guitar cab and adding an EQ block to my chain and tweaking to my ear's liking. Surprisingly enough, I've been playing more and enjoying what the 6160 is giving me at the moment. I should spend some time going through the amps since my upgrade to FW15 and see if any other are catching my fancy.

Hey

Yeah i was notice that aggressive too ,for those original mark 5-band sliders. And i think that was little bit easy to me find sweet spots ,because i was hear when tone did break and getting harsh. And then i slightly adjust slider down or up very small move ,and there it was sweet spot what i was looking for.

The range is the same actually. Mesa MK IV eQ is +/- 12dB as well as Axe FX II 5-band eQ. Once I understood this, you get the mark sound working. I did new tonematch comparisons with real MK IV and the TM eQ was pretty much flat...

It just "feels" different on a real MK eQ because the knobs are really "aggressive" when you move them, like at the first upper line you have about +6-7dB and between the lines around +3db. If you like to scoop the 750hz band near the bottom line it's like -9db in axe fx.

MARK%20IV%20TM.jpg

Hey

I think first is Axe second is MK IV?

This clip is real MK IV vs Axe FX USA Lead+ with exactly same settings on both. I can't see/hear any reason for tonematching since they're this close. Can you tell wich one is real and AXE FX II?

Last edited:

the first is def. more trebly/ perhaps a bit more gain, 2nd is muffled. I like the first best, regardless of real or not, Ill guess first is axe for fun but have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom