Better looking case that still locks?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Is there something out there that looks better than the SKB type rack 99% of us use? must still lock on front and back. Love if it looked more like a real amp head!

That is full of bad-Assery!!! I could totally build something like that. I've been thinking about offering to build custom racks and cabinets like this. I have a complete wood shop in my garage. I can't tell from my iPod, but is that case wrapped in tolex?

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

My Gator has locks on both sides and rails in front and back. My SKB doesn't, but it looks less cheapish to me though.
Sorry, I don't think I've helped you... ;) Might be useful for someone.

I bought an EWI roadcase based on consistently stellar reviews online. It's very affordable, quite durable, and looks professional.
R4UE-14 Rack Case

The 14" depth 4 space unit works great for my AxeII and furman power conditioner, with a 1u space left for a matrix if I decide to go that route eventually.

With shipping, I think my case came to about $125.

Also, the locks on the lids are SOLID. MUCH better than my old SKB case, which drove me insane as the doors refused to stay locked. I've never had the slightest worry that the lid might pop off this EWI case.

And an additional bonus is that the case sports a logo on the top leading edge, with rubber feet on the bottom. So I always know how the AxeFx is oriented even before opening the case up (which was purely a guessing game with my former SKB).

Last edited:
Ewi all the way. The skb cases are a joke and often cost more than Ewi. We use Ewi at my job next to some custom build nelson cases and they hold their own.

Ewi all the way. The skb cases are a joke and often cost more than Ewi. We use Ewi at my job next to some custom build nelson cases and they hold their own.
I don't think it fair to call the case that many guys here are using, "a joke". Whatever fits your need is what you should have. There are pros and cons to each type of case. Some might think it a joke to lug around an over build, bulky and heavy case if there only intended use is in a studio. I myself have a 16 space shock mount, rack that houses all of my studio equipment. I have my AXE-FX II in this rack now, but I think I want a smaller 4 space grab and go case just for the AXE-FX gear. I have some good condition SKB 2 space and 4 space racks but like the idea here of a case that looks good like an amp head like on that case the FUNERAL posted on reply #2 but maybe w/o the side air vents to reduce weight and size. Obviously not a flight case, but I don't need one. Did solutions for different needs. Guys on this board have many differing needs. There is no "Best" solution. I'd love to see a carbon fiber look black exterior finish with an otherwise amp head look. 4 spaces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom