BETA TESTERS: Have you found

This is going to be the mother of all releases! If it gets released before the weekend I'm going to have to tell my office they can do without me for a few days (maybe longer). Good thing I'm the boss.

with FW 10, we can still revert to fw9 modelling, right?

because I want to use fw10 before my band is done tracking our album which god knows when that will be :roll

Cliff said that the code is done and what is left is to put about a dozen of amps throught the mimic process. So I guess the release could be soon.

From Facebook (I think this is GREAT news) -

Fractal Audio Axe-Edit has come a long way. Since some areas still require considerable work and we actually considered holding it back when FW10 is released. A quick customer/artist survey, however, indicated that you'd rather have it—even imperfect—than not at all.

So a new version of Axe-Edit will be released with Firmware 10. and there will be additional follow-through even after the release, with important updates and announcements yet to come. (The guys on the project aren't alowed to say "soon" anymore or wolves eat their sheep

So todays number is 12

Wonder what tomorrows number is?

Does anyone know how long the proces is per amp?

AAEN

What he wrote, suggest that he dont know for sure. Thats why its hard to set a timeframe. The less we bug him, the faster thing goes.

Man, I saw the lights from off in the distance... what a party you'all are having here! Who's pumpin' the keg? I'll take a tall glass of that FW10!
(And I agree, SUPER KUDOS to Cliff, first company I've ever seen that keeps its child-like patrons so close in the loop!)
I wonder if Cliff has a Naughty and Nice list he'll read on the day of release? :)

Fractal Audio Axe-Edit has come a long way. Since some areas still require considerable work and we actually considered holding it back when FW10 is released. A quick customer/artist survey, however, indicated that you'd rather have it—even imperfect—than not at all.

So a new version of Axe-Edit will be released with Firmware 10. and there will be additional follow-through even after the release, with important updates and announcements yet to come. (The guys on the project aren't alowed to say "soon" anymore or wolves eat their sheep

+1 even if only for preset naming

Just hope guys don't start whining if some things gets messed up in their presets, etc.

I'm usually not the craziest horse chomping at the bit, but damn... I have a day off on Friday with no-one home but me. Oh please please PLEEEEAZE! Wahhh!

It's just the grunt work of lugging the amps into the lab and hooking them up and running all the MIMIC tests that remains.

Ironic, making it your life's work to avoid lugging stuff around and you probably have to do it considerably more than the rest of us!

I used to have a somewhat indifferent attitude about updates. Of course I am always grateful for them but I gotta admit....the buildup to this one really hooked me and I really have to have a talk with self about not setting myself up for disappointment regarding when it will be released.

Back
Top Bottom