Best way to recreate this kind of glitch?

Budda

Axe-Master
I know Simeon has a really great preset in his package, but I'm wondering if a combo of ring mod, trem and/or volume coupled with a proper pitch (whammy?) setup could somewhat replicate what this pedal does.

I messed around with LFO's on ring mod, volume and trem as well as expression, but did not exactly come close. I did get weird though!

No worries if it can't quite be replicated (hello looper modifier wish).

For those wondering, I came across this by asking a friend in Scotland what he used for a glitch part in his old metal band.

A short sample-and-hold delay block mode would defitinely make stuff like this a lot easier. I can't even think of how to do this with modifiers on delay block parameters because you can't have one switch fire a macro of modifiers with some timing, unfortunately.

Freaky and unique effect for certain.

I was trying to use modifiers on a volume block to get the chop factor, and the ringmod to get the "what in the actual F is happening here?" factor.

you can get the straight up quick repeating holds easy enough (i have one in my bundle that gives you a different length every time you hit the button, which is a bit like mode 2 on the pedal). it's what happens when delay time is messed with while hold it on that creates the weirdness with that pedal, but some of it's modes are possible with a bit of creative modulation. it also sounds crusty as f*ck, which gives it a lot of it's own character

I was trying to use modifiers on a volume block to get the chop factor, and the ringmod to get the "what in the actual F is happening here?" factor.
A tremolo block is fine here. No need to much about with volume block. But the real big thing is neither of those blocks repeat a sample. I'm going to try what @simeon suggests above and just much about with a delay block to do a sample-and-hold thing.

@simeon still not sure how to access CS stuff without an FC hehe (yes I need to re read the literature).

if you load up the panoply of glitch preset, the effect controlled by control switch 1 is a stutter with variable delay time (like mode 2 of the revolver). i have CS1 set up as a momentary switch, so it stutters as long as you hold the switch down. so you'll need to set up an external as a momentary switch to mimic this behaviour.

in axe edit, you can click on controllers > modifiers and see all the modifiers that have been used in the preset. find all the instances of control switch 1 and replace them with your momentary external switch.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom