• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Best way to connect to FOH and monitor

ejviruet

Inspired
What would be the best way to connect to FOH and have a monitor onstage?. I use a powered speaker (EV live x). I go from axe ii out 1 to speaker with 2 xlr,s. Should i use one xlr to speaker and on to FOH out of out 1? or should i use out 2 for FOH?

Thanks

plyall

Power User
Most folks use OUT1 for FOH, and OUT2 for local monitors. In my case, I use OUT1 to record, and OUT2 to feed my RCF12SMA's (monitors). Pretty happy with the result. While the OUT2 connectors are unbalanced, I use the humbuster cables to keep things as clean as they can be (see the Axe-FX II manual for info on the humbusters).

Pete

s0c9

Most folks use OUT1 for FOH, and OUT2 for local monitors.
Same here... OUT1 to FOH and OUT2 to local FRFR monitor.
I set level to FOH and don't touch it after that.
If I need a little more stage volume, I turn up OUT2.

chris

Legend!
same here. make sure you turn on Copy Out 1 to Out 2 in the I/O menu, and you can't use the FX Loop block in your presets.

i send the Out 1 XLR to FOH and use Out 2 to my powered speakers. i use a 1/4" TRS to XLR Male cable for Out 2.

dabbler

FOH is being fed from OUT 1 unbalanced via a Radial ProD2 passive stereo DI box - I prefer to isolate my rig from the PA.

OUT 1 balanced goes to a Behringer MX882 stereo 19" mixer to mix with playback (rehearsal) and/or PA monitoring feed. MX882 output goes to a SM Pro Audio Nano Patch+ stereo volume controller with mute switch, mounted to a mic stand. Output of the Nano Patch+ then goes to the active RCF NX10-SMAs.

This way, OUT 1 feeds both PA+Mon while I can easily adjust Mon volume (absolute via the NP+ at playing position, or relative to other sources than the Axe in the rack with the MX882). OUT 2 is used for FX Loop (which currently just feeds a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox).

ejviruet

Inspired
Thanks for the recommendations. How should i set the volume in the axe II in output to FOH ? Should i put the volume to the max on the axe and the control it at the mixer in FOH? Any other suggestions will be appreciated

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Thanks for the recommendations. How should i set the volume in the axe II in output to FOH ? Should i put the volume to the max on the axe and the control it at the mixer in FOH? Any other suggestions will be appreciated

i think 10 o'clock is a good setting for FOH. I rarely touch it, it is set there and most FOH guys are happy with it.

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
Hi Chris,
Right now I run a straight guitar cable from out 2 , to my Q12a
If I get a cable made ( hum buster 1/4in to XLR male to my Q12a)

What can I expect ? Will it be quieter? Less noise floor?
Thanks

same here. make sure you turn on Copy Out 1 to Out 2 in the I/O menu, and you can't use the FX Loop block in your presets.

i send the Out 1 XLR to FOH and use Out 2 to my powered speakers. i use a 1/4" TRS to XLR Male cable for Out 2.

Top Bottom