Best way to connect to FOH and monitor

ejviruet

Inspired
What would be the best way to connect to FOH and have a monitor onstage?. I use a powered speaker (EV live x). I go from axe ii out 1 to speaker with 2 xlr,s. Should i use one xlr to speaker and on to FOH out of out 1? or should i use out 2 for FOH?

Thanks

Most folks use OUT1 for FOH, and OUT2 for local monitors. In my case, I use OUT1 to record, and OUT2 to feed my RCF12SMA's (monitors). Pretty happy with the result. While the OUT2 connectors are unbalanced, I use the humbuster cables to keep things as clean as they can be (see the Axe-FX II manual for info on the humbusters).

Pete

Most folks use OUT1 for FOH, and OUT2 for local monitors.
Same here... OUT1 to FOH and OUT2 to local FRFR monitor.
I set level to FOH and don't touch it after that.
If I need a little more stage volume, I turn up OUT2.

same here. make sure you turn on Copy Out 1 to Out 2 in the I/O menu, and you can't use the FX Loop block in your presets.

i send the Out 1 XLR to FOH and use Out 2 to my powered speakers. i use a 1/4" TRS to XLR Male cable for Out 2.

FOH is being fed from OUT 1 unbalanced via a Radial ProD2 passive stereo DI box - I prefer to isolate my rig from the PA.

OUT 1 balanced goes to a Behringer MX882 stereo 19" mixer to mix with playback (rehearsal) and/or PA monitoring feed. MX882 output goes to a SM Pro Audio Nano Patch+ stereo volume controller with mute switch, mounted to a mic stand. Output of the Nano Patch+ then goes to the active RCF NX10-SMAs.

This way, OUT 1 feeds both PA+Mon while I can easily adjust Mon volume (absolute via the NP+ at playing position, or relative to other sources than the Axe in the rack with the MX882). OUT 2 is used for FX Loop (which currently just feeds a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox).

Thanks for the recommendations. How should i set the volume in the axe II in output to FOH ? Should i put the volume to the max on the axe and the control it at the mixer in FOH? Any other suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks for the recommendations. How should i set the volume in the axe II in output to FOH ? Should i put the volume to the max on the axe and the control it at the mixer in FOH? Any other suggestions will be appreciated

i think 10 o'clock is a good setting for FOH. I rarely touch it, it is set there and most FOH guys are happy with it.

Hi Chris,
Right now I run a straight guitar cable from out 2 , to my Q12a
If I get a cable made ( hum buster 1/4in to XLR male to my Q12a)

What can I expect ? Will it be quieter? Less noise floor?
Thanks

same here. make sure you turn on Copy Out 1 to Out 2 in the I/O menu, and you can't use the FX Loop block in your presets.

i send the Out 1 XLR to FOH and use Out 2 to my powered speakers. i use a 1/4" TRS to XLR Male cable for Out 2.

Back
Top Bottom