Best-Tronics Ethernet cable

I demand a fiber connection to my MFC-101, or I'm totally starting angry-toned threads! :D

Comedy aside, I have a few B-T cables and they are great to deal with. I use a long ribbon RJ45 that I sniped from work, but having a tidy one with extra shielding is never a bad thing. Thanks for the link - going to order one up promptly.

I'm in Toronto and I found a great local cable store called Infinite Cables. They make the cables on site. They have every length imaginable from 6" up (yes inches) and in various grades. Prices are ridiculously cheap, I paid $3 for a 10 ft Cat 5.

I just ordered a 20". I will typically not need more than 10 or 15, but better to have it and not need it!

I'm going 20 or even 25. One place we play regularly has a pretty deep stage, my 20' guitar cables make it from the back of my rack to my pedalboard with a little to spare... wouldn't hurt to have some extra length.

I've already gone through 3 cheapos since July. I think I'm going to get myself a bestronics cable now.
The cheapos just don't last. The cheap plastic clip on the end eventually breaks off and then the cable doesn't stay in. Make sure you always have a backup.

I wish there was a cable with a metal end and not plastic.

I got a 35 footer... the unneeded part can stay coiled by the Axe II. Always seem to get that stage position that is 5 feet away from close enough. If I run out of this one, I'll be making enough money to buy a longer one!

I doubt there will ever be a CAT5 cable with metal casing on the end... just go Ethercon if you want the most durable solution.

The plastic end is the only thing holding me back from buying a high end cat5. I'd hate to spend more money on a better quality cable just for it to last the same amount of time.

Why can't they make the tab out of something more durable, like aluminum?

That being said, what's with the instrument cable with one end being TRS and the other mono?

Back
Top Bottom