Best Shoes for Long Gigs

Many say barefoot is best for the feet, back and legs, I have some runner friends that have adopted this for running, and their feet are much stronger and their back pain has gone away.
I love playing barefoot. However, sometimes the setting requires protection so I'll use my Vibram 5 finger 'shoes' in those situations. Almost like barefoot running, but with a nice thin, yet firm layer to protect the sole of your foot.
Without a thick layer of cushion, all parts of your foot are used more which helps to strengthen your feet, legs, core and back.

Last edited:
Got some Skechers Go Walk Evolution Ultras last year. Mainly got them for walking, but ended up using them for gigs also. Very light weight. Literally feels like you're walking with bags of jumbo marshmallows tied to your feet.
I do a three mile walk pretty much every day. Would these be good for that, or are they less "robust" than that sort of walking?

I'd also like to try them on, but I'm having trouble finding them in stock locally (Boston area). Thoughts?

😂

ritchie-blackmore-high-top-vans-shoes.jpg

Last edited:
Of course we all know the Master barely uses pedals to begin with. So he can wear whatever he wants. :smile:

He actually uses his hands.

Who wants to keep both hands at the guitar when you finally manage to get rid of the annoying neck?
13220963_899930540129567_716070546146076241_n.jpg

Last edited:
For the longer gigs, I have a pair of nice black Ecco walking shoes. With a suit or black jeans, they look great, and are very comfy. More informal gigs, I have a pair of black (I see a color theme here)Saucony running shoes that are the most comfortable of this type I've owned. Even better than my NB's that I wear at work.
Same hear. I wear Ecco Soft 7 sneakers or dress shoes for weddings.

I love the Brooks Ghost 13. They are comfortable, stay cool and have just the right amount of arch support for those long gigs.

Itazero Slip-Ons. Beats having to try to bend over and tie my shoes (not so easy anymore). My feet are 4E to 5E width, and very few shoe makers offer this size. The Itazeros are comfortable, some have "bubble-massaging" insoles, mostly grey or black in half sizes. Relatively inexpensive, but good quality. Would buy again.

Amazon product ASIN B0BN9NMVT8

I bought a pair of Sketchers this year as I play nearly everyday for 4 to 5 hours on stage during summer.

They certainly aren’t fancy but it’s really confortable. lol.

Back
Top Bottom