Best Shoes for Long Gigs

Brooks running shoes are the best I've found when I'm in a fairly serious lots of walking phase. Also come in wide widths.

Reactions: mwd
Many say barefoot is best for the feet, back and legs, I have some runner friends that have adopted this for running, and their feet are much stronger and their back pain has gone away.
I play with New Balance walking shoes.
I switched to the barefoot low profile shoes and won't go back. Most of them have wider toe box, and that can be a bit trickier for switching presets or scenes, but it hasn't caused me any problems. Xero Shoes is one of the popular name brands out there of this type, but the no-name pair I got from Amazon is actually more comfortable.

Skechers go walk FTW. Changed my life.
Shopping for shoes yesterday I tried a pair of Skechers walking/hiking shoes with some kind of memory foam insole. I liked them so much I bought two pairs (different color). After wearing them for a day I'm pretty sure these will be my new stage shoes. 👍

I alternate between square-toe engineer boots, motorcycle boots, Red Wing Iron Rangers & Converse (leather) high tops. Each pair has some sort of insert with arch support and a bit of cushion (but not much). After some recent medical issues, I’ve lost weight & spend a bit of time each day working out, so my low back/feet/joint issues are starting to diminish.

My fix for looking cool (debatable?) and also being comfortable was to have strictly stage
shoes (Converse, Vans, or some kind of cool Vans style slip on) and travel/haul-in/
haul-out shoes. I'd wear the comfiest shoes I had to get to the gig and set up, and
then have another pair I would put on right before the show started. No one ever
said we had to wear the same pair of shoes/boots all night long. :)

Many say barefoot is best for the feet, back and legs, I have some runner friends that have adopted this for running, and their feet are much stronger and their back pain has gone away.
I play with New Balance walking shoes.
I like it when women perform barefoot. Joss Stone, Linda Ronstadt etc., but only because I know it's healthy.

Back
Top Bottom