Best "Kitchen SInk" all-in-one presets to get through most gigs? Try this....

Could you elaborate if what you mean by this? Do you mean you have other all channels set up but that you tend to use just the one?
I actually don't have the Scene Ignore set just yet, but yes, many of my presets have different Amp models on different channels. Each one is setup like a pedal platform and I could swap the active amp model and the preset still works but has a little different flavor.

If I sent my FM9 Kitchen sink instead of Axe Fx III, would that cause issues? Thought those were interchangeable? I cannot remember which one it was at moment. I have both units.

Here's kind of a fun one........ Scene one is a big lush clean, scene 2 is the two citrus amps in stereo from Burg's Mandarin preset, and the rest are just assorted heavy amps. Scenes 1 and 8 are my favorites.

There is a modifier set to control switch 6, for the hold parameter of the reverb block. That hold switch, and the plex delay block, are from Cooper Carter's sound on sound preset.

The wah pedal modifier is set to FC1 Pedal 2, and the Volume block is set to FC1 Pedal 1.

Attachments

• Ultimate.fasBundle
    35.6 KB · Views: 54
The main issue with kitchen sink presets is that there is no way to quickly see the list of what is in your blocks.
You have to remember that Channel A is Klon, B is whatever else, etc. Now, if I'd build a kitchen sync preset, I'd like to have two drive blocks and 8 different distortion pedals, but no way in hell I can remember what's in all channels. Now add compressors, delays, reverbs...

A proper "kitchen sync" preset is not possible without the channel content information, but you can't see it as a list even in editor apps, which is something very easy to do! I don't know why this is not implemented. That would be an insanely huge quality of life improvement but still we are not there. Even more so, the device doesn't even show the channel details when you switch to the channel!

So for my kitchen sync preset I am using scenes as descriptions for channel information instead of actually having those scenes used, and switches as channel switches (short press enable/disable, long press channel change). It's a shame really. It works for me but not a proper way at all. Still, I don't have a better advice so far. It kinda works.

You can use scenes for both options really - say, 8 scenes for 8 drives (IF you need it like this), with eight compressors, different kind of delays and reverbs for funk comp, rock chug, blues/rock/metal soloing instead of typical "scene 2 adds more gain", plus a separate switch layouts to control gapeless gain increase or EQ changes using scene controllers etc., and a single preset can be as huge in utility as those John Mayer mega-boards :)

But I don't have a good advice on how to remember how to actually use it! :))
To your first point. MAN what i would give to be able to assign LED colors to channels. I miss this with the ax8 old X/Y. It was very easy to determine what channel i was on from afar.

THIS.
We have four elements in each ring - how awesome could it be to be able to configure which one is used for which channel?...
even that would be cool. I dont think its 4 individual LED's though. Im also barely an armchair engineer here.

This is how i run ,y presets, I found when i had 6 scans i only ever used 3 so i streamlined it down and went per preset so effects can be easily swapped out for different things. Flow for me personally is much better now.
Couple of shots of my layouts
Screenshot-2022-12-13-at-1-09-09-PM.png

Screenshot-2022-12-13-at-1-09-26-PM.png

This is how i run ,y presets, I found when i had 6 scans i only ever used 3 so i streamlined it down and went per preset so effects can be easily swapped out for different things. Flow for me personally is much better now.
Couple of shots of my layouts
Screenshot-2022-12-13-at-1-09-09-PM.png

Screenshot-2022-12-13-at-1-09-26-PM.png
why the parallel flanger/pitch/chorus/Delay?
wouldn't mix on each of them accomplish dry signal to flow along? what if you want more wet?
or am I missing something with the filter that's sitting in front of them?

THIS.
We have four elements in each ring - how awesome could it be to be able to configure which one is used for which channel?...

even that would be cool. I dont think its 4 individual LED's though. Im also barely an armchair engineer here.
They are not separated... This has been asked and answered in the past.

It would be cool, though.

Last edited:
why the parallel flanger/pitch/chorus/Delay?
wouldn't mix on each of them accomplish dry signal to flow along? what if you want more wet?
or am I missing something with the filter that's sitting in front of them?
I always run parallel after the Amp/Cab, (If I wanted to adjust the mix I would use an EXP pedal), I don't like everything feeding into each other, the delay in series is just for a little sauce on my crunch. The Filter is set for a slight DB boost on the Lead

I'd grab Leon's, Cooper's, Burgs and borrow from there. I live on one preset (per pickup type) but it's not a kitchen sink preset. It's more like playing my old amp.
where can i find these? any in particular youd recommend?

where can i find these? any in particular youd recommend?

The Axe preset exchange forum. You'll find all kinds of stuff there using the search function. I don't have any links handy at the moment but that's where most of the presets are shared. You can download, copy amp channels, effect setups etc into your own preset as you build it or if you like theirs, use it. Most of the time the presets don't sound the same on my set up so I stick with what I have as a core tone and take effects and ideas.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/axe-fx-iii-preset-exchange.104/

The main issue with kitchen sink presets is that there is no way to quickly see the list of what is in your blocks.
You have to remember that Channel A is Klon, B is whatever else, etc. Now, if I'd build a kitchen sync preset, I'd like to have two drive blocks and 8 different distortion pedals, but no way in hell I can remember what's in all channels. Now add compressors, delays, reverbs...

A proper "kitchen sync" preset is not possible without the channel content information, but you can't see it as a list even in editor apps, which is something very easy to do! I don't know why this is not implemented. That would be an insanely huge quality of life improvement but still we are not there. Even more so, the device doesn't even show the channel details when you switch to the channel!
I agree, but I do not think this can be done with space it may have. Otherwise I think he would have done this already. No doubt the Axe Fx IV will have this and a lot more!

I agree, but I do not think this can be done with space it may have. Otherwise I think he would have done this already. No doubt the Axe Fx IV will have this and a lot more!
For performance, you could use custom labels in FC-6/12 or your midi controller, ie mild, grit, crunch, heavy, etc., or delay channels like slap, echo, spacey, U2…

So for my kitchen sync preset I am using scenes as descriptions for channel information instead of actually having those scenes used, and switches as channel switches (short press enable/disable, long press channel change). It's a shame really. It works for me but not a proper way at all. Still, I don't have a better advice so far. It kinda works.

You can use scenes for both options really - say, 8 scenes for 8 drives (IF you need it like this), with eight compressors, different kind of delays and reverbs for funk comp, rock chug, blues/rock/metal soloing instead of typical "scene 2 adds more gain", plus a separate switch layouts to control gapeless gain increase or EQ changes using scene controllers etc., and a single preset can be as huge in utility as those John Mayer mega-boards :)

But I don't have a good advice on how to remember how to actually use it! :))
I’d wonder if you really need 8 different kinds of compression. For a kitchen sink preset to get through a gig, I think it’s probably better to have 3-4 general sounds that cover the bases, without trying to exactly match each song. I have 4 sounds: clean, chime (Brit pop), crunch, and heavy (metal style). I typically end up stuck on the chime sound all night. Just changing your right hand attack can significantly change the actual sound you get, and this is often enough to create variations between songs.

I always run parallel after the Amp/Cab, (If I wanted to adjust the mix I would use an EXP pedal), I don't like everything feeding into each other, the delay in series is just for a little sauce on my crunch. The Filter is set for a slight DB boost on the Lead
The Flange, Pitch, and Chorus are feeding into everything downstream. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not separate as it sounds like you were going for.

Back
Top Bottom