Best "Kitchen SInk" all-in-one presets to get through most gigs? Try this....

I've never understood the desire for a "kitchen sink" preset. I see several disadvantages. What's the upside?
I like a kitchen sink preset because after 27 years of buying gear and pedals, I know what I actually need in a cover band to get through anything. That is the patch I listed at top of thread. I use to write a patch for EVERY TUNE. Updates became a dreaded nightmare because of this. Plus it was hard to make everything sound cohesive with so many rig changes. 4 Amp channels and one Cab IR is all I need to get this done. Different strokes for different folks.

I've never understood the desire for a "kitchen sink" preset. I see several disadvantages. What's the upside?
I use the kitchen sink type because I want to have clean amp and dirty amp plus kinda like a pedalboard type setup with my FC-12. I use different effect combinations sometimes with clean amp, sometimes with dirty amp. There aren't enough scenes to cover every combination 🙂 And it would be inconvenient to have them on like 4 different presets with 8 scenes each. Also difficult to remember in which preset you have what combination and to scroll through them in a live situation. Of course making setlists could help, but I also like to improvise a lot so I don't always use the exact same sounds on every gig.

Back
Top Bottom